t
S
m
s
Hokiepokieful Hokiepokieful
wrote...
13 years ago
Hi all!

I have a few questions that I am not sure of what the answers are!  I have tried to figure them out on my own and have answers to most if not all.  i just want to double check myself!! Please help me!!

1.) The term 'photorespiration' refers to the fact that:
          a.) Mitochondria respire during photosynthesis
          b.) RUBISCO can use Oxygen as a substrate
          c.) RUBISCO can use Carbon Dioxide as a substrate
          d.) Chloroplasts and Mitochondria both evolved from free-living prokaryotes

2.) The reduction of nitrates and nitrites to ammonia is considered an extension of photosynthesis because:
          a.) Nitrates are the principal form of Nitrogen taken up by plant roots
          b.) Nitrates are oxidants that can damage plant tissue
          c.) Ammonia is toxic to plants
          d.) The reduction of Nitrites to Ammonia occurs during the day
          e.) The production of the electron donors needed for reduction of nitrate depends on the energy transduction reactions of photosnthesis

3.) [True/False] Plants produce oxygen but do not consume Oxygen.

4.) [True/False] Plants have both apical and lateral meristems.

5.) [True/False] Electrical, concentration and pH gradients can exist simultaneously in across the thylakoid membrane.

6.) [True/False] Chemiosmotic coupling of a proton gradient to ATP synthesis occurs in chloroplasts and mitochondria.

7.) [True/False] Malate, OAA, Pyruvate, and PEP are four carbon molecules.

8.) [True/False] Changes in gene expression can be detected by measuring changes at the DNA and messenger RNA (transcript) levels.

9.) [True/False] If all of the cells in the root apical meristem differentiated, the root would stop growing.

That's it!! 
Thank you sooo much in advance!
Y'all are lifesavers!!  Person Raising Both Hands in Celebration  Person Raising Both Hands in Celebration  Person Raising Both Hands in Celebration

-Hokiepokieful
Read 1725 times
1 Reply