l
t
S
m
s
siustrulka siustrulka
wrote...
13 years ago
1d. determine the number of grams of water required at 100 Celsius to dissolve a mixture containing 20 g KNO3 and 2.0 g CuSO4*5H20 assuming that the solubility of one substance is not affected by the presence of another.

2. to the solution in Problem 1d at 100 Celsius, 15g of water are added and the solution is cooled to 0 Celsius

a. How much KNO3 remains in solution (see figure 1 http://img36.imageshack.us/i/pichj.png/)
b. How much KNO3 crystallizes out?
c. How much CuSO4*5 H2O crystallizes out?
d What percent of the KNO3 in the sample is recovered?
Read 39457 times
30 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
13 years ago
To solve this problem, you need the solubilty data of KNO3 in water from 0 to 100 C. To determine mass which crystallizes out, subtract the solubility of KNO3 at the lower temperature from that at the higher temperature.

I think the following writeup may help you
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
chamaco,  MartyMcFly94,  Sksortzi,  hongan,  pwalsh,  tlw2357,  duffster,  TomKnockers,  Chem,  QSR Prometheus,  txwesramfan,  kimchee1,  dlha5150,  poro,  jayleekakess,  JayRana730,  justintlk,  ChemMajor101,  GeneralPebbles,  Adelrie,  Anthonyxt8,  Beats By Kay,  bio_man
toni_malvina Author
wrote...
13 years ago
structure of cells
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Is this problem solved? Please mark it as solved.
ricecooker22
wrote...
12 years ago
i assume it is solved? i am neew and can not tell if it is marked as solved
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
i assume it is solved? i am neew and can not tell if it is marked as solved

Hasn't been marked as solved yet...
wrote...
Valued Member
12 years ago
Does this help Undecided ?
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
hoangyen85,  nzegbuna.ify,  Chaolong,  Chrissie,  kyoshi401,  answer3600,  ReyL95,  KevinShankie,  adrianat,  bonesMac,  ooaa,  tejvirkaur13,  simo2o,  wtfischemusedfo,  GeneralPebbles,  Cmartinez246,  uglyjaz41,  sej4abc,  kim0608,  dmen
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
Does this help Undecided ?

He needs 2 (D).
kim0608
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
12 years ago
add the first amount of water (in grams) to the added amount of water and multiply by .1 (because 10g/100ml) then subtract that amount from the given amount...that is your amount of KNO3 crystallized.
wrote...
12 years ago
What percent of KNO3 in the sample is recovered?
wrote...
12 years ago
subtract to find out the precipitate
wrote...
12 years ago
This problem is confusing to all of the chem students.... our values are different though.
wrote...
Donated
Trusted Member
12 years ago
This problem is confusing to all of the chem students.... our values are different though.

What did you get? Could you show us the solution Undecided...
wrote...
12 years ago

What did you get? Could you show us the solution Undecided...

Our problem looks like the thumbnail from the first page, but we don't even know where to start on part two! Do you have any  idea how to work this problem out?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  831 People Browsing
 116 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370