r
d
l
ehd123 ehd123
wrote...
Valued Member
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, ehd123
Hello everyone
I am about to begin a new semester and one of the problems I tried to face for many years up until now is a diminishing (not sure if this is the right word to properly describe) concentration...
 I noticed that in class, I payed attention and took good notes for around 20-25 minutes straight in a 50-60 hour class, and the rest was pure wandering off in thought. I have no idea how and why or what makes me daydream or lose focus, but somehow I end up really tired and in no mood to listen anymore. As a result, I can no longer take notes because I would have no clue what the professor was saying. Fortunately, I spend a lot of my time reading and making up for what I missed after class when I formally study the material.. But it is too time consuming, and I really would like that to change. When I spoke to a counselor about this, she asked me to try and trace my thoughts back to their trigger.
 I did, and I am not sure if this is a good enough trigger.. I realized that once the professor started speaking really fast, or went back and forth between slides and pure lecturing, I lost track and no longer understood properly after which I wandered off, knowing that my recorder was doing my job.
This is a problem I am sure will occur again this semester unless I fought it off. I refuse to let this keep on going and so I am seeking the wisdom of those who have been there.
Do you have any advice or tips, or exercises I could apply in this situation? We are not always given the lecture slides ahead of time, therefore I am counting on myself and a blank copybook to do the work in a pretty, neat, organized, and efficient way.. Please help =)
Read 3239 times
4 Replies
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience
PhD. Candidate in Neuroscience