i
r
r
gspot gspot
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Hi,
I've been buying an organic oat non-dairy drink, the nutrition label lists sugar at 19 gr. In the ingredients list there is no mention of sugar or any sweeteners so I contacted the company and asked how they manage to make it so sweet. The reply in brief was that the sugar is naturally produced by the fermentation process of the oats. I am not sure what to believe because if that's true then along with the sugar there should be alcohol too, right?

Does anyone out there have knowledge of such processes? Where can the sugar come from?

TIA

L.
Read 3464 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
If the label says 19 g of carbohydrates per serving, that doesn't suggest sugar has been added. Carbohydrates, such as cellulose, are also considered "sugars", but are not sweet. Is this what you're referring to?
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
wrote...
9 years ago
Well, I took a closer look at the label and indeed the 19 gr of sugar are sublisted under the cards. What I really want to know is how can the drink taste so sweet when there is no sugar added and none of the ingredients are sweet.
wrote...
9 years ago
typo--CARBS
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
Well, I took a closer look at the label and indeed the 19 gr of sugar are sublisted under the cards. What I really want to know is how can the drink taste so sweet when there is no sugar added and none of the ingredients are sweet.

Could you take a picture of the ingredients list and nutrition label and post it here? I am good at analysing these things Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  945 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 328

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?