l
t
S
m
s
beautme25 beautme25
wrote...
13 years ago
i need help with the answers to the lab physioex exercise 8- chemical and physical processes of digestion Activity 1-5.  please

also i have a review sheet  with an exercise that asks questions about carbohydrate digestion, protein digestion by pepsin and fat digestion by pancreatic lipase and the action  of bile.

can anyone please help with the ans..... this lab is so confusing.

thanks in advance
Read 32039 times
45 Replies
Replies
beautme25 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
i got the answers for the review section.....relating to the chemical digestion, protein digestion by pepsin and fat digestion by pancreatic lipase and the action of bile

check this link http://www.hccfl.edu/media/379452/a&p_lab_ex_39b.pdf

however i am still looking for the answers to the actually activity 2-5

hope this helps anyone interested

beautme 25
Answer verified by a subject expert
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
13 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
teetoy,  dan6969,  crysi727,  imsmartwater,  Bethany Wu,  tomcat14,  rasct,  laguereque,  bradaakb,  missisauga

Related Topics

beautme25 Author
wrote...
13 years ago Edited: 13 years ago, beautme25
http://wps.aw.com/wps/grader

u can get some of the answers here for the activities........ but some of the answers are missing.

i hope this helps as well

u have to do the online exam and when you submit  you will get the answers

beautme25
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago

u can get some of the answers here for the activities........ but some of the answers are missing.

beautme25

The link doesn't work for me Undecided
alex_bio
beautme25 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
guysssssssssss help i;m really getting frustrated...... does anyone have the answers for the activity 1-5

beautem25
beautme25 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
 Re: chemical and physical processes of digestion lab
« Reply #4 on: Today at 10:50 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: beautme25 on Today at 10:47 PM

beautme25

The link doesn't work for me

IN RESPONSE TO THE ABOVE

go to any search engine

type in "answers to activity 2 chemical and physical processes of digestion" in search box on the page and you will see a link marked Quizzes click on that and you will get the quizz hope it helps

beautme25
Answer rejected by topic starter
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
Activity 1: Assessing Starch Digestion by Salivary Amylase (pp. 104–105)

10. Tubes 2, 6, and 7 showed the effect of pH on amylase activity. The results of this experiment indicate that the activity maximum of amylase is at pH 7.0, whereas pH 2.0 and pH 9.0 demonstrated very little activity. In this experiment, pH 7.0 showed the highest level of amylase activity. Tube 3 showed that amylase did not contain maltose contamination. Tubes 3, 4, and 5 showed that water had no starch or maltose contamination. Tube 3 directly showed that water did not have maltose or starch contamination. Tube 4 was a starch control (with the same water) that showed no maltose, and tube 5 was a maltose control (also with water) that showed no starch. If control tubes 3, 4, or 5 were not done, then what is perceived as digestion might really be starch or maltose contamination. Saliva would not be active in the stomach because the stomach pH is too low. Boiling inactivates, or denatures, enzymes.

Activity 2: Assessing Cellulose Digestion (pp. 105–107)

10. Tubes #4, 5, and 6 showed that starch or cellulose was still present. Tubes #1, 2, 3, and 7 showed positive tests for the Benedict’s reagent, indicating the presence of reducing sugar. Freezing had no effect. Freezing does not restrict enzyme activity, unlike boiling. Amylase had no effect on the cellulose in tube #4. Cellulose is digestible by bacteria. Peptidase had no effect on animal starch. Peptidase does not work on carbohydrate substrates so has no effect on digestion of these molecules.
mirnda16,  bio_man
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
beautme25 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
thanks i got some other answers as well and handed in the lab. thanks alot for the help,

beautme25
wrote...
12 years ago
Thanks.  this lab is really tough and these answers really helped!
beautme25 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
np     
Re: chemical and physical processes of digestion lab
« Reply #9 on: Today at 03:43 PM »
   Reply with quoteQuote Accept answerMark as Solved Reject answer
Thanks.  this lab is really tough and these answers really helped!

wrote...
12 years ago
a-s.clayton.edu/.../Chemical%20Processes%20of%20Digestion%20Key.doc
wrote...
12 years ago
Thanks for the information for the chemical and physical processes of digestion lab. This really help!!! Slight Smile
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago

Thank link doesn't work for me Undecided
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1131 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293