t
S
m
s
jramse04 jramse04
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
9 years ago
I'm posting the PDF file that I need help with. When I go to PAL 2.0, it doesn't really help me at all and I can find anything in the book either. I'm at a complete loss and need help!!!  PLEASE.
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 3633 times
9 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
If there is a specific question you need help answering, please post it word for word inside your post, not as an attachment.
jramse04 Author
wrote...
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, jramse04
I need help with the whole worksheet.  I'm slowly finding the answers to both of them, but it's hard.  There are also pictures on this one too.

Interactive Physiology Worksheet:
Digestive System: Motility

1. The process by which food is received into the GI tract via the mouth is called _______________.
2. The esophagus is digestive in function. ______________.
3. Swallowing has both voluntary and involuntary components. ____________.
4. The function of the epiglottis is to prevent a bolus from entering the ______________________.
5. The first wave of contraction of the esophageal muscles is called ___________ ______________.
6. If a food bolus does not make it all the way to the stomach, _____________________ peristalsis forces the bolus the remainder of the way.
7. Peristaltic contractions of the stomach occur about ___________ times per minute when food makes it into the body and fundus.
8. The frequency of peristaltic contractions is regulated by ____________________________ cells.
9. Gastric emptying would be slowed by which of the following? _____________________________ ____________.
10. ______________ regulate gastric juice secretion during the cephalic phase.
11.The cephalic phase of digestion is regulated by short reflexes. ___________.
12. The ____________________ nerve carries electrical signals from the brain to the stomach.
13. The hormone _____________________________ ___ regulates gastric secretion during the gastric phase of digestion.
14. Gastric motility _____________________________ _ as the stomach begins to receive food.
15. The hormone _____________________________ _ released by the duodenum causes gastric
motility to decrease when fats are present in the duodenum.
16. The hormone __________________________ causes the gallbladder to contract and release bile
into the small intestine.
17. The _____________________________ ___________ reflex describes the communication
between the intestine and the stomach.
18. Sympathetic nervous system stimulation ______________________ digestive system activity.
19. The motility process illustrated below is _____________________________ _______.
20. Segmentation moves chyme in only one direction. __________.
21. The frequency of segmentation contractions is greatest in the __________________________.
22. _____________________________ _ reflexes stimulate the ileum to increase activity when food
is in the stomach.
23. The hormone _______________ causes the ileocecal sphincter to relax during the gastric phase.
24. During the interdigestive period, ____________ _________________ _____________ occur
about once every 90 minutes to move undigested materials toward the terminal ileum.
25. Migrating motility complexes are controlled by the central nervous system. ___________.
26.List the two major functions of the large intestine:
1. _____________________________ _____________________________ _________
2. _____________________________ _____________________________ _________
27. Pockets formed by the contractions of the transverse and descending colon musculature are called __________________.
28. Sustained, intense propulsive peristaltic contractions of the large intestine are called _____________ _____________.
29. Which of the following is under voluntary control? _____________________________ _______.
30. Only about __________ ml of the 500 ml of chyme that entered the colon is voided as feces.
31. Place the following labels on the large intestine figure below:
cecum, ascending colon, transverse colon, descending colon, sigmoid colon, rectum, haustra, appendix
32. The _____________________________ __ reflex stimulates mass movements of the colon.
33. List three emotions or sensations that may produce constipation.
1. _____________________________ _____________________________ ____________
2. _____________________________ _____________________________ ____________
3. _____________________________ _____________________________ ____________
34. The vomiting reflex is coordinated in the ___________________ ____________________.
35. Which of the following is not typically a stimulus for the vomiting reflex? _____________________________ ____________.
Post Merge: 9 years ago

If there is a specific question you need help answering, please post it word for word inside your post, not as an attachment.

The only ones that I can't figure out are the questions with the pictures.  I figured the rest of the questions out.  Unfortunately, the pictures won't transfer from the pdf
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
1. The process by which food is received into the GI tract via the mouth is called

Motility

2. The esophagus is digestive in function. ______________.

False.

If you want the whole thing, you're probably best to make a note request. This board is specifically for homework questions.
jramse04 Author
wrote...
9 years ago
I'm not needing the while thing. Just help to figure out the answers to the picture questions. Even a website that will help us good enough for me. I don't have to have someone answer them for me. Just need pointed in the right direction to find the answers. I have the worksheets answered except the picture labeling. Anyway you could point me in the right direction for a website for them?
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
Cool, what is the picture question? Could you take a capture of the picture and the question associated with it?
jramse04 Author
wrote...
9 years ago
I finally found them. Thank you
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
I finally found them. Thank you

You're welcome!

Mind posting it? Smiling Face with Open Mouth
jramse04 Author
wrote...
9 years ago
It won't let me post it in question format so I will add the PDF.  When I get time, I will copy and paste into a word document and will type all of the answers in it.  I will do that for several of them that I've had difficulty with.

Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
That is good, thank you for taking the time to do that.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  840 People Browsing
 114 Signed Up Today
Related Images