t
S
m
s
Frank_Baker Frank_Baker
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
So I read an old article where a man was said to have killed a 14 year old by poking holes into the skin 50 times, then suctioning the blood until he died from blood loss. The medical report said there was no coagulation of blood in the wounds. Why didn't the blood clot up in any of the wounds? I found that odd, it wasn't mentioned he was hemophilliac or anything. How can a few awl wounds and a bit of suction kill anybody? The medical examiner said the wounds themselves should not have been sufficient to cause fatal blood loss
Read 1112 times
9 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
9 years ago
The medical report said there was no coagulation of blood in the wounds. Why didn't the blood clot up in any of the wounds?

He might have had hemophilia. Hemophilia is a rare bleeding disorder in which the blood doesn't clot normally.
Frank_Baker Author
wrote...
9 years ago
There was a similar case where this happened to a girl. She was put to sleep with a drink. She woke up to find red spots on her upper arm, navel, and thigh. It said in the middle of these blood red spots was a small opening in the middle. Obviously her blood did clot, but not before she felt so weak she could barely walk to get out of there.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
9 years ago
So could it be that both examples were hemophilic?
Frank_Baker Author
wrote...
9 years ago
I don't know, hemophillia was never mentioned. I am not sure if they would have normally survived even if they were not hemophilliac.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
9 years ago
Where did you read this, mind if I had a read?
Frank_Baker Author
wrote...
9 years ago
The first one.. the murder of Andrei Yuschinsky, 1911.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
9 years ago
I found that odd, it wasn't mentioned he was hemophilliac or anything.

There's really no mention of his medical history. People were more interested in the political outcome is sparked, i.e. the international criticism of the antisemitic policies of the Russian Empire.
Frank_Baker Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Assuming they weren't hemophilliacs what would have happened?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
9 years ago
Apart from the fact that it fits the profile perfectly, I can't think of anything else. I suppose you could research bleeding disorders. A quick search showed Von Willebrands disease, which is similar to hemophilia and is caused by a deficiency of a blood clotting protein called Von Willebrand factor. Von Willebrand factor circulates attached to factor VIII and is necessary to form a clot.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  847 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 308

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?