i
r
r
Hdthao Hdthao
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Hi all,
I see it (arrow, cycle)  at my shrimp pond with cavas lining. It is stick on canvas (from edge to pond bottom). It is appear when my shrimp on 17 day of culture. After it occur, my shrimp get sick.
I do not know what is it and how to remove it from my pond to protect my crop. Can help to give me many keywords to find it out or give me it's name.
Thanks so much and sorry for my bad English.
 Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Read 2571 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
It's definitely a slime mold. Don't know anything about farming shrimp, though the pictures look real interesting, but could it be the food that you're feeding them is infected? If the shrimp do not eat it very soon, it will spoil and form that fungus.
wrote...
Staff Member
9 years ago
Maybe your aquarium needs a partial water change. It probably has a bacterial buildup, and not all bacteria are good. Clear water is a good sign, but it's not the only indication of a healthy aquarium.

By the way, those shrimp are so cute Smiling Face with Open Mouth and Tightly-closed Eyes
Ask another question, I may be able to help!
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, bio_man
Why not vacuum the mold out as soon as you notice it growing?

It's definitely a slime mold. Don't know anything about farming shrimp, though the pictures look real interesting, but could it be the food that you're feeding them is infected? If the shrimp do not eat it very soon, it will spoil and form that fungus.

True. A clean tank with no excess nutrients will not grow fungus.
Hdthao Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Thanks for all reply.
Slime mold is a great keyword for me in this situation. Thanks so much. I hope this mold is a aquatic species. I had managed my water carefully as i can but not paid attention to my shrimp feed. My shrimp had gotten disease after it appeared. Maybe the shrimp ate them?
Maybe your aquarium needs a partial water change. It probably has a bacterial buildup, and not all bacteria are good. Clear water is a good sign, but it's not the only indication of a healthy aquarium.

By the way, those shrimp are so cute Smiling Face with Open Mouth and Tightly-closed Eyes
The shrimp was really cute but had died Upwards Arrow".
In the shrimp pond, change water is the big problem because of high expense and shocking or maybe get pathogen from outside water into pond.
Why not vacuum the mold out as soon as you notice it growing?

True. A clean tank with no excess nutrients will not grow fungus.
It a shrimp pond, not a aquatic tank and i do not know how to vacuum something from it.Upwards Arrow And this creature develops very very fast that i can not control immediatly. After one day it occurs, it spreads all my canvas and the shrimp be sick. But your reply is a good idea for me to remove nutrient in water. Thanks so much.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1069 People Browsing
Related Images