t
i
r
r
meristem meristem
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
I have an assignment where I have to find the distance between two atom groups in NMR models 1 and 19, having opened 20 models (of one enzyme). We didn't get proper instructions on how to use PDB and I can't seem to find out how to execute this. Simply, how do I make all other structures not visible?

Any help would be appreciated!
Read 1403 times
3 Replies
"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny" - everyone's favourite physicist

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
9 years ago
There are a couple of good tutorials for this program - now called DeepView.

http://spdbv.vital-it.ch/TheMolecularLevel/SPVTut/index.html

http://spdbv.vital-it.ch/main_tut.html

Once you've opened all your models look at the control panel. The active model and its components are displayed. If you left-click on the name of the model (in the upper left corner of the control panel) you should get a drop-down menu of all the models currently in the session. Probably they are all visible, which makes for even more spaghetti than you need. You can make each model invisible by selecting the check box next to its name in the drop-down menu and then clicking the "visible" check box. When "visible" is checked the model can be seen, when it is not checked it is invisible, but the coordinates are still available.  If you want to re-visit any particular model you can. If your models are not centered on a common point, when you move to the next model (make the current model invisible, go to the next one you want to work with from the drop-down, and make it visible) you might need to re-center the coordinates. Clicking on the re-center tool (left-most icon on the tool bar - the one with three arrows all pointing in towards the center - and that should make the center of rotation to be the center of mass of the active molecule(s) and recenter the view as well.

Good luck and happy measuring.
meristem Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Thank you! It worked this time, but I opened the layer info tab, not the control panel, and clicked the desired models open.
"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny" - everyone's favourite physicist
wrote...
8 years ago
Hi all

I want to know if there is any way to know whether a protein is associating with an mRNA from a transgene cotranscriptionally or after transcription?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  646 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204