a
t
i
r
r
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
9 years ago
Sometimes, sleeping on left side, I feel my chest or heart pain, after switching to sleep on right side immediately, the pain is gone, would it be sign of heart issues?
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Read 8236 times
28 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
would it be sign of heart issues?

'Heart pain' is most often confused with back pain or rib pain. I highly doubt it has anything to do with your heart.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
oemBiology Author
wrote...
9 years ago
would it be sign of heart issues?

'Heart pain' is most often confused with back pain or rib pain. I highly doubt it has anything to do with your heart.

Before that area feels pain, I feel stress on my heart on pumping blood, that is why I doubt it relates to my heart.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions :>
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
Your heart doesn't have any pain receptors, so you wouldn't feel your heart in pain.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Your heart doesn't have any pain receptors, so you wouldn't feel your heart in pain.

Actually, it feels like blood pumping through a vessel, but vessel gets blocked, and pressure is increasing. After I switch and sleep on right side, this feeling is gone immediately.

Do you have any more suggestions?
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
Do you hear a sound, like a heart thump?

Note: If this is something that is bothering, you should probably see a doctor. It might even be high blood pressure. Many factors play a role in that, namely, age, gender, and weight.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Do you hear a sound, like a heart thump?

Note: If this is something that is bothering, you should probably see a doctor. It might even be high blood pressure. Many factors play a role in that, namely, age, gender, and weight.

Actually, I cannot hear any sound, but I don't feel my heart pumping very fast neither, next time, I would monitor my blood pressure when I feel this situation.  I get this kind of feeling a few time over 10 years, so I tends to sleep on right side to avoid this issue.

wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
If you heard a sound, it could be a heart murmur, so it's not a heart murmur - that's a good sign.

You know, a lot of issues with the heart can be diagnosed with an EKG reading. Have you been to a cardiologist?  It could even be mitral valve prolapse.
Tralalalala Slight Smile
oemBiology Author
wrote...
9 years ago
If you heard a sound, it could be a heart murmur, so it's not a heart murmur - that's a good sign.

You know, a lot of issues with the heart can be diagnosed with an EKG reading. Have you been to a cardiologist?  It could even be mitral valve prolapse.

I talk to doctor about this issue and get X-Ray scanned, and wait for reports on next 3 weeks.
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
You're welcome. Update us when you get a chance.
Tralalalala Slight Smile
oemBiology Author
wrote...
9 years ago
I revisit clinic for X-ray again, from lung department's viewpoint, there is nothing found related to this cause - Pressure, squeezing, or fullness within the chest cavity.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

On the other hands, I find some related articles as shown below:

Pressure, squeezing, or fullness within the chest cavity.  People describe this feeling as a weight or as a band being tightened around their chest. The pain is usually located on the left side of the chest above the bottom of the ribcage, but it’s often hard to define its exact location. [my symptoms already on the left side of chest]

pressure, squeezing, or fullness within the chest cavity almost always lasts at least 5 minutes, and doesn’t continuously last more than 20 to 30 minutes. Finally, pain that comes on at rest or exertional pain.  [my symptoms already on the left side of chest]

Myocardial infarction (heart attack). This reduction in blood flow through heart blood vessels causes the death of heart muscle cells. Though similar to angina chest pain, a heart attack is usually a more severe, crushing pain usually in the center or left side of the chest and is not relieved by rest [my symptoms] . Sweating, nausea, shortness of breath, or severe weakness may accompany the pain. [not my symptoms]

Myocarditis. In addition to chest pain, this heart muscle inflammation may cause fever, fatigue, fast heart beat, and trouble breathing.  [not my symptoms] Although no blockage exists, myocarditis symptoms can resemble those of a heart attack.
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
I was thinking, it might be a loose rib. The intercostal ribs are known for instigating this sort of effect you're describing.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
9 years ago
I was thinking, it might be a loose rib. The intercostal ribs are known for instigating this sort of effect you're describing.

Can you describe more on how intercostal ribs cause the feeling of Pressure, squeezing, or fullness within the chest cavity? is there related to sleeping on the left side? is there any exercise to release those uncomfortable feeling?

Do you have any suggestions?
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
Do you feel the strain around this area?
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1322 People Browsing
 131 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352