m
s
bio_man bio_man
wrote...
Administrator
Valued Member
Educator
9 years ago

Watching this video broke my heart. Today, ISIS thugs ransacked Mosul’s central museum, destroying priceless artifacts that are thousands of years old, in the group’s latest rampage which threatens to upend millennia of coexistence in the Middle East. (Read on)

This loss is the loss of the entire world...
Read 3760 times
9 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
rsb
wrote...
9 years ago
Pathetic.
wrote...
9 years ago
Thousands of years of history destroyed in less than a minute. These guys haven't contributed to anything to society but pain and anguish, and yet they take pride in destroying artwork created by some of our earliest ancestors.
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
bio_man Author
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
9 years ago
http://www.globalresearch.ca/iraqi-army-allegedly-downs-a-us-helicopter-for-providing-weapons-to-isis-report/5434525

Iraqi Army Allegedly Downs A US Helicopter For Providing Weapons To ISIS: Report
wrote...
9 years ago
What is the advantage of doing all of this ?
wrote...
9 years ago
What is the advantage of doing all of this ?

None, it's to show the world they're mad.
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
wrote...
9 years ago
I saw this on the news and was livid. So much history, down the drain.
wrote...
9 years ago
None, it's to show the world they're mad.

There's more religion behind it than just that answer.

The five-minute video, which was officially released by these animals begins with a Qur’anic verse on idol worship. An Isis representative then speaks to the camera, condemning Assyrians and Akkadians as polytheists, justifying the destruction of the artefacts and statues.

The man describes Muhammad’s (their prophet) destruction of idols in Mecca as an example.

He says: These statues and idols, these artifacts, if God has ordered its removal, they became worthless to us even if they are worth billions of dollars.
When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.
wrote...
9 years ago
bio_man Author
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
9 years ago
Sam Harris is an excellent speaker, but to rationalize using nuclear weapons on this group of animals wouldn't be fair for rest of the population that would have to suffer from the aftermath of the bomb.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  856 People Browsing
 111 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 308

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?