i
r
r
Frank_Baker Frank_Baker
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, Frank_Baker
Is this possible?

''The autopsy revealed that every physcial sign of his body indicated that he had indeed frozen to death; but here's the thing......

The refrigeration unit of the car was inoperative and turned off. The temperature inside the boxcar indicated 55 degrees!!''

Snopes says in another version of the story, The air-tight room he's locked in turns out to have a vent to the outside which brings a steady supply of fresh air but the man suffocates because he believes he's used up all the oxygen.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/freezer.asp

I know it's possible to worry yourself to death, you can die from shock, or a heart attack, (stress hormones surge) but this is different in that the man did not die of a heart attack or shock, but froze or suffocated to death just by thought. I'm wondering if that's possible or if these stories are BS.
Post Merge: 9 years ago

I looked up this guy's name. according to this news article (sun sentinel/) there was a Nick Sitzman who was married and worked part time on a railroad (same as in the story, Nick Sitzman was married and worked on a railroad)

http://newspaperarchive.com/us/iowa/lemars/lemars-daily-sentinel/1969/10-10/page-4
Read 7375 times
1 Reply