r
d
l
a
bns781 bns781
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
You decide to use cotransduction to determine the order of the leuB and leuD loci. You use bacteriophage to transduce DNA from an ala3 + leuB + leuD + donor strain into an ala3 – leuB – leuD – recipient strain and select for 10,000 ala3 + transductants. You determine the genotypes of these transductants at the leuB and leuD loci and count the number with each genotype. The following table shows your results:
(See attachment 1 for the table of results.)

Using these data, determine the order of leuA, leuB, and leuD. Place the three loci on the map by dragging the correct label to the appropriate location. (Note: The map is not drawn to scale.)
(See attachment 2 for the map/figure.)

I know that the answer is not leuA, leuB, leuD (in left to right order on the map). In this case, I know that 2 of the 3 targets are incorrect. I'm sure it's important to consider why the ala3 + leuB + leuD – genotype is so uncommon in the table of results, but I am having some trouble figuring things out beyond this point. Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated.
 Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Read 4504 times
4 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
9 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, bio_man
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free