l
t
S
m
s
eurocoin eurocoin
wrote...
9 years ago
If someone starts off badly in freshmen year, say around 2.3-2.5 and because of how rigorious the other classes will be in the next 3 years, manages to push it to around 2.8. What are some things the applicant can do to look better for pharmacy school or even to get a job in the pharmacy field?

Read 6348 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
Do the best you can. You cannot offset your average, but you can definitely increase it or repeat the classes. You can apply to pharmacy school after your first year of post-secondary school. I suggest you apply with the grades you have, you never know.
eurocoin Author
wrote...
9 years ago
I don't think one can repeat a class if they got above a C- or a B- just so they can get an A or anything higher. I can already apply for pharmacy school? I thought i needed to complete all the requirements first...

When I say offset, I mean in the sense of shadowing someone for example to make my application look better. But, what else can I do?
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
Yes, after one year, you're eligible to apply. In other words, let's say you're majoring in biology at the moment. If they accept you into pharmacy school, you'd quite your biology undergrad and resume with a pharmacy degree. Those grades won't disappear, but I know for sure you can repeat any course you wish, you just need to talk to your school's registrar's office. No other way apart from what was mentioned.
wrote...
8 years ago
You should be able to repeat any class you want if you desire a higher grade. Most schools will just show the higher grade you received after you repeat the class and that will factor into your new gpa. Just ask someone in advising to help.
wrote...
8 years ago
I know at my college, we are not allowed to repeat a class if we get a C (We do not do minus grades on my campus) or better.

There is a class I got a B in that I wanted to retake to get an A but they would not let me.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  634 People Browsing
 114 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 144

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?