t
S
m
s
lumberjack lumberjack
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
First post, I'm glad to have found this site, only wish I found it earlier!

I go to a university that is considered "hard" in the physical sciences. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to do well on multiple choice, calculation heavy exams. I understand everything on my exams, yet I still end up with C's due to time constraint. They put just enough questions on there so that if you get stuck, you're not going to finish. Even when I don't get stuck and spend 40+ hours learning material for the exam, and really feel like a have a great understanding, I'm always pressed for time. This leads to me rushing through and making silly errors.

I imagine this is what I will encounter on a graduate and professional school admissions tests, so I'm trying to figure out how to go about it without having to write out every calculation, and using the answer choices to guide me, like a puzzle. It's easier said than done though, this was a suggestion given by someone on Reddit, and I thought I would entertain this thought. What are your thoughts on this type of approach?

My next exam will be over acid/base equilibria, titrations, Ksp solubility stuff, thermodynamics.
Read 1361 times