r
d
l
a
frankwu0507 frankwu0507
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
The long-term problem with red-cockaded woodpecker habitat intervention in the southwest United States is

A) the only habitat that can support their recovery is large tracts of mature southern pine forest.
B) the mature pine forests in which they live cannot ever be subjected to forest fire.
C) all of the appropriate red-cockaded woodpecker habitat has already been logged or converted to agricultural land.
D) the social organization of the red-cockaded woodpecker precludes the dispersal of reproductive individuals.
E) what habitat remains for the red-cockaded woodpecker does not contain trees suitable for nest-cavity construction.

Ans is D but I think C is better Ans. Do I miss something?
Read 892 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
[Solved] The long-term problem with red-cockaded woodpecker habitat intervention in the s
frankwu0507 Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Sorry, bioman, I know the ans but I want to know why C is wrong.
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
C) all of the appropriate red-cockaded woodpecker habitat has already been logged or converted to agricultural land.

I don't think it's true. Do you have documents to support that?
frankwu0507 Author
wrote...
9 years ago
In Campbell 10th biology P1265 :
    One factor leading to decline of the red-cockaded woodpecker has been the destruction or fragmentation of suitable habitats by logging and agriculture.

There is no any words about D in Campbell and the Q from test-bank. Do you have something to support D?

Maybe the problem of C is "All" of the appropriate red-cockaded woodpecker habitat has already been logged or converted to agricultural land.

Thanks again!!!
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
You make a really good point. However, I would still go with D if you see this on a test, given that I don't think the prof is going to investigate it as much as you did.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1084 People Browsing
 129 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741