a
l
t
S
m
s
wrote...
12 years ago
“Those who, sometimes, do the right thing for the wrong reasons are also likely to cause pain, distress and disasters for the same mistaken reasons.” ( E.F. )
~Live well, laugh often, and love with all of your heart!~
wrote...
12 years ago Edited: 12 years ago, sarah
You find the words 'impossible' and 'never' more frequently in the mouths of people with virtually no imagination and creativity

- Unknown
~Live well, laugh often, and love with all of your heart!~
wrote...
12 years ago
"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life."
— John Lennon
bio_man Author
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
12 years ago
"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life."
— John Lennon

An excellent quote.
wrote...
Donated
12 years ago
— John Lennon
gREAT Quote!!! Slight Smile
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
wrote...
Donated
Trusted Member
12 years ago
"Life is an unfoldment, and the further we travel the more truth we can comprehend. To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those that lie beyond." (Hypatia)
wrote...
12 years ago
"The scientist does not study nature because it is useful, he studies it because he delights in it, and he delights in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful, it would not be worth knowing, and if nature were not worth knowing, life would not be worth living."
-Henri Poincare
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man to fish, and he'll fish for a lifetime.
wrote...
12 years ago
“We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself."

- Carl Sagan

Yes!  This is my mantra
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man to fish, and he'll fish for a lifetime.
wrote...
12 years ago
Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof.

Ashley Montague
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly.

Isaac Asimov
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
bio_man Author
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
12 years ago
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people WHO DON'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT." ( Albert Einstein )
wrote...
12 years ago Edited: 12 years ago, duddy
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people WHO DON'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT." ( Albert Einstein )

I think I really have to give more responsibility to the people who do evil. If we could really prevent or stop it, we would have! As soon as you stop one evil a-hole, another one takes his place
Biology!
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago

I think I really have to give more responsibily to the people who do evil. If we could really prevent or stop it, we would have! As soon as you stop one evil a-hole, another one takes his place

There is not a clear distinction between evil people and non-evil people because everybody has nasty and deceitful instincts in some degree. The difference is that some people control better these instincts and some do not.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
12 years ago

I think I really have to give more responsibily to the people who do evil. If we could really prevent or stop it, we would have! As soon as you stop one evil a-hole, another one takes his place

There is not a clear distinction between evil people and non-evil people because everybody has nasty and deceitful instincts in some degree. The difference is that some people control better these instincts and some do not.

I am talking about people who do evil things, as was Albert Einstein, not people who might like to do them but don't.
Biology!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1016 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 387

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?