t
S
m
s
londoncalling londoncalling
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
I am planning on taking either Physiology of Human Systems or Evolution, both of which are upper division Biology courses.

I understand both are challenging, but considering that I am also taking other general education classes at the same time, which would be better?

Some people advise me to take Evolution to avoid a certain professor in the Fall while others advise me to take Physiology to have the lab completed.

The session for either lasts for about 5-6 weeks (stars in early June and ends early/mid July).
Read 2863 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
Physiology of Human Systems

My pick Upwards Arrow I took a similar course called principles of animal physiology. The course covered the following concepts:

The Cellular Basis of Animal Physiology: Introduction to Physiological Principles, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Cell Physiology,  Hormones and Cell Signaling,  Neuron Structure and Function,  Cellular Movement and Muscles.

Integrating Physiological Systems:  Sensory Systems, Functional Organization of Nervous Systems, Circulatory Systems, Respiratory Systems, Ion and Water Balance, Digestion, Locomotion, Thermal Physiology, Reproduction.

A course on evolution could either be ultra interesting or terribly boring. If the course is about studying phylogentic trees and cladograms, it will get boring fast.
wrote...
Staff Member
8 years ago
This course will be an in-depth examination of the unifying principles of evolutionary biology. We will look at the nature of science, Pre-Darwin ideas about evolution, Darwinian evolution, the Modern Synthesis and contemporary evolutionary biology.  Concepts including microevolutionary forces, macroevolution, phylogenetics, origin of life and human evolution will be covered.

From my course syllabus. Enjoy Smiling Face with Open Mouth
Ask another question, I may be able to help!
wrote...
8 years ago
Depends on teacher teaching the course. The teacher can make or break a class. However, if you are willing to put in the time and study everyday, it doesn't matter which course you take.

Good luck
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  791 People Browsing
 113 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?