S
m
s
ehd123 ehd123
wrote...
Valued Member
8 years ago Edited: 8 years ago, ehd123
Hello community Slight Smile

I would like to have some takes on my recent condition. I have already booked a doctor's appointment for tomorrow.. However I would like to read or research a little before going there, just to know what to expect.

It has been around a month since I first started noticing this, I feel tired almost all the time. I love mornings and wake up really early to get some work done and relax before heading to lab or class.
6 hours of sleep have always been more than enough for me. I usually like waking up 6am. And I don't go to lab until 9 or 10am. I wake up really energized, but once I get to lab or class, I feel like I just suddenly crash. . I am a coffee person, but I limit them to just 1 cup a day, maximally 2, with 3 spoons of powder milk. I drink plenty of water (the regular 2L/day). And try to have breakfast regularly. Sometimes I dont have time, and just prepare a small sandwich and take an apple with me to lab, and have that during a break. During my lunch break, I go back to dorms (10-15 minute walk from my lab), have a good lunch then head back to lab.
But I just cannot help but feel tired constantly. Especially headaches. I get many. The kind that tightens as a band across your forehead. They sometimes come in the morning, or during lab work. A definite headache towards 6pm and onwards. Sometimes its one sided across one eye. I just pull through it throughout the day *you know the can-do attitude with no medication. -Being a scientist, I try to keep my immune system fighting for itself. I refuse medicine*
Speaking of eyes, towards the end of the day, they get really tired, even though I won't be sleepy at that time, and burn. The burn you would get from a long day at the beach under the sun. I have to admit I do have a lot of reading be it online or on paper, and spend a lot of time on computers or pipetting. I always make sure to have my laptop's screen on the dimmest. Any brightness has been irritating my eyes.
I exercise regularly, every other day. I try going as much as I can, but this condition has exhausted me recently. I head back home on weekends to recharge with family. But somehow, I just feel the drained-kind of tired throughout.
When I do exercise, or fast walk to lab, I sometimes get really bad cramps that my knee and below go sore. This is not new to me, I have experienced these cramps before. I saw the doctor for these, and she prescribed difenflex (which did not do me any good).  And I am not new to exercise or anything. In fact, I have been climbing 4 flights of floors on the stairs for 4 years. Just this year, I live on the 7th floor, so I have been taking the elevator (saving time Face with Stuck-out Tongue)
I don't know if this is a thyroid condition, or something else.
I don't get dizzy. I rarely get sick. Everything seems normal to me. I am not a junk food person. All home-made with plenty of veggies and carbs. Not a meat person. If forced, it is very minimal. It is sad because I had been anemic before and was treated. And I do know that we tend to absorb iron better from meat than vegetables, but still, I refuse.

The odd thing is, I think I have put on some weight despite all of this. But my weight is normal. I have been this weight before, so it is nothing new, and I never had such symptoms. Weight gain with minimal eating and more exercise? =/
Pregnancy- definitely ruled out.
I am rooting for a thyroid condition. But I do not know much about these issues. Could someone  please share their thoughts?

Many thanks in advance Slight Smile
Read 1014 times
1 Reply
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience
PhD. Candidate in Neuroscience