t
i
r
r
jonatron5 jonatron5
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
8 years ago
Ok im more of a mechanically inclined guy and im sure there are a million reasons this is impractical but heres my idea. From my understanding the aids virus lives primarily in human blood. Now human blood like anyother fluid when left to sit will separate into its constituent parts by weight. The Aids virus and its hosts. being of a known density could be siphoned off of whatever level it occupied. So if a method of removing an effected persons blood allowing it to sit while keeping it oxygenated and full of nutrients allowing it to settle out and siphoning the appropriate levels replacing the blood into the effected person along with transfusions of blood from non effected persons to make up the difference being kept in a clean room while there immune system regenerates.

Im certain this would not be a cure but even if you only whipped out 60% of all viral bodies in the person then wouldn't this be an effective treatment? Assuming of course you could tack all the aforementioned.
Read 596 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
8 years ago
HIV is a retrovirus, which means it incorporates its DNA into normal cells. Essentially, it is a parasite that infects its host for life. Once incorporated into a normal cells DNA, the cell appears normal until the gene it incorporates its DNA into gets transcribed into protein for whatever reason. If you let the blood sit, hypothetically, yes there will be a separation, but what about all the other white blood cells that have been infected?

- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
jonatron5 Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Ok this is an extremeeasier and I'm not even sure if it's possible medically. But what about an entire blood transfusion bone marrow transplant and whole body irradiation. I know once again it wouldn't be a cure it would only get so much.And more likely then not cause a crayon of problems on it's own. But if I was looking at a 10 year life expectancy at best.... might be worth it idk
wrote...
Staff Member
8 years ago
Sorry for the late reply.

In theory, that could possibly cure someone with the virus, but it's impossible with the technology we have today.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1083 People Browsing
 101 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204