s
a
t
i
r
r
wrote...
11 years ago
The registration form is not loading for me....I cannot register.
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
The registration form is not loading for me....I cannot register.

Working now.
wrote...
11 years ago
I have tried google chrome, firefox, and safari on a mac and internet explorer (32-bit) and google chrome on a PC. No luck :/
wrote...
11 years ago
Lovely. Thanks Slight Smile
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
Lovely. Thanks Slight Smile

Thanks for reporting it. Would have gone untreated for days.
wrote...
11 years ago
Not sure if my account has been hacked or maybe there is another user with the same username as mine "micro" but its showing that I have created several (4 to be precise) forum threads such as "What is the basic function of Actin and Myosin Filaments in Muscle.?" and "units of actin and myosin are arranged end to end in order to" amongst others. I have only created one thread called "Calculate Mean Total Abundance and Total Abundance". However when i click on "micro" (i.e. my username) on the posts and threads I have not created, my profile shows including my email etc. Is it possible to maybe check the ip where my account has been accessed?
wrote...
11 years ago
Help please I registered and I did not get the confirmation email. I resend the email activation confirmation more than 10 times already. I want to buy stuff from the seller and I cannot see email without registered x_x My user name is thebest99
wrote...
Donated
11 years ago
since few hours, forum site was down....also now, website is very slow and difficult to surf...is there any problem?

admin, this smf is of older version...cant we update to new version or change to vbulletin soft forum which is fast to surf? just suggestion...
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
11 years ago
Sometimes I have to try 3-4 times to load a page correctly. Usually, when that happen, I have a white blank screen on my browser, while other times (rarely) I have a white blank screen and some text like this:

2: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=13168
File: /home/biologyf/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 341Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/biologyf/public_html/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2532

Or this one:

2: mysql_query(): MySQL server has gone away
/home/biologyf/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
341: MySQL server has gone away
/home/biologyf/public_html/Sources/Load.php

(I think in that case I clicked "home" and that text appeared on the browser)

Note that it may be my pc fault! (though I haven't experienced that problem at other sites)

In addition: Sometimes when I click "home", it doesn't show the "recently updated topics", "unanswered questions" or "latest articles".
Instead, there a text like this:

Notice: Undefined index: BAN_CHECK_IP in /home/biologyf/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 534 Warning: mysql_query(): MySQL server has gone away in /home/biologyf/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 341 Warning: mysql_query(): Error reading result set's header in /home/biologyf/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 341 : MySQL server has gone away
642: MySQL server has gone away

I hope I didn't confuse you!
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
Note that it may be my pc fault! (though I haven't experienced that problem at other sites)

Thanks, Alex. It is definitely on issue on our part, and we're trying to fix it as soon as possible. Hopefully by tonight, all will be well.
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
To-do list:

- Fix the number of badges that are shown in member profile view.
- Show the moderator badge when local moderator makes an ordinary post.

Undecided
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
11 years ago
Is it just me, or there it says "post merge 15 hours ago" while the original post was some minutes ago?

P.S. I eddited the merged post but I didn't change the "merge post commant" line. Or I think I didn't...
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
The time that is stated was when the two posts were merged. We added that modification so that people don't intentionally bump their post before 24 hours of making the first one. After 24 hours, the modifications doesn't kick in anymore.

Therefore, "post merge 15 hours ago" means that the post was merged 15 hours ago.
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
I think I see what you mean here: https://biology-forums.com/?topic=56648.msg157335#new

Yikes. Will look at it now.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1035 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?