t
S
m
s
Frank_Baker Frank_Baker
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
I saw a news article and so I asked this biologist at my university if it was possible for cell metabolic heat to suddenly set somebody's skin on fire.

She said it was 'impossible', 'because at about 90 C enzymes in cells break down in nanoseconds'  So is she right? The media tells me otherwise. This woman has a Ph D.
Read 816 times
11 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
She said it was 'impossible', 'because at about 90 C enzymes in cells break down in nanoseconds'  So is she right?

She is right. An enzyme is 1x10^-6 of a meter. It would disintegrate into carbon instantly.

We've discussed this before.
Frank_Baker Author
wrote...
8 years ago
so that means every single claim of SHC is false?
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
Every last one of them.
Frank_Baker Author
wrote...
8 years ago
but baby Rahul's mother angrily denied child abuse and the whole family supports her claim. including the husband she had a second child recently and it happened to him too. but her daughter doesn't burn.

I remember reading about cases where people suddenly felt their skin was hot, and smoke came from it
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
lol No, it's all fake.
Frank_Baker Author
wrote...
8 years ago
how can you be certain it's all fake? some things once thought to be impossible were later found to be possible.
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago Edited: 8 years ago, bio_man
how can you be certain it's all fake? some things once thought to be impossible were later found to be possible.

It is fake due to a lack of scientific proof/evidence that satisfies *my* logical mind.
Frank_Baker Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Just because these people weren't hooked up in labs before it happened doesn't mean it did not or could not happen.
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
True, but they don't have to be. This claim is simply absurd.
Frank_Baker Author
wrote...
8 years ago
in terms of biology, how? theres a difference between absurd and impossible
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
in terms of biology, how? theres a difference between absurd and impossible

We've discussed biologically why it's fake, not interested in entertaining that notion again (and again)
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  756 People Browsing
 113 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion