r
d
l
a
Onyan Onyan
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
I saw this article in the dailymail entitled 'couple close to death after night in locked car'
now cars have quite a few vents on the dashboard allowing for passive airflow so i hardly believe their car was some gas chamber so im wondering if they could have inadvertently killed themselves by believing they would suffocate in an enclosed space. one of them was unconscious the other said he had trouble breathing

it wouldve taken 10 hours to use up a car full of air,
the air change per hour in stationary cars windows up no fan on is 1-3 times per hour.
the air change per hour in a bedroom for instance is 1-2..so cars have more passive ventilation than rooms.
Read 458 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
You're asking is it psychologically possible to believe you're running out of air, and in turn, indirectly commit suicide as a result of it? You'd need one heck of a mind to pull off that stunt. Personally I *don't* think it's possible because it goes against our natural inclination to survive. A similar question would be, is it possible to stop your heart from beating through thought alone. It's the reason we evolved an autonomic system - to automatically control processes that don't need our attention 24/7.
Onyan Author
wrote...
8 years ago
I guess so..
Something doesn't add up with this article.
I wonder if they faked suffocation to try and get a lawsuit or something
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
I guess so..
Something doesn't add up with this article.
I wonder if they faked suffocation to try and get a lawsuit or something

Could also be due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1140 People Browsing
 106 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4