You need to login first

Login information

Haven't yet registered?

Categories

Homework Help Boards (University / College Level)

Biology-Related

Science-Related

Others

Laboratory Help

Non-Homework Help Boards

Notes

Guidance

Discussion

f_zah1
top posters

Support Us

If you found our community helpful, your small donation will continue to help us reach more students around the globe. You may also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
Pages: 1     Go Down
  New Topic  |  more  
differences between parenchyma,collenchyma and sclerenchyma?
Read 7594 times | 3 Replies | Average Rating Not Rated Yet
Jellyfish
Rep:  +0  -0 

For a more comfortable homework help experience, try HomeworkClinic.com.

Report this PostReport Abuse
Reply# 1
2 years ago
Parenchyma - soft plant tissue made up of thin-walled cells that forms the greater part of leaves, stem pith, roots and fruit pulp.

Collenchyma - layer of supportive plant tissue that consists of elongated living cells that have walls unevenly thickened with cellulose and pectin.

Sclerenchyma - strengthening or supportive walls of plant tissue made up of long cells or fibres and short cells sclereids.

Reply# 2
2 years ago
?They all form a kind of tissue called the ground tissue whose main function is to provide support in plants.
Parenchyma includes cells that perform photosynthesis and storage. (P for photosynthesis)
Collenchyma forms the wood that gives strength, is heavily lignified and not very flexible.
Sclerenchyma is mostly dead tissue that provides support but also gives flexibility

Reply# 3
2 years ago
Wish i could remember, then i might have done a little better on my biology exam.

Not that i've needed that knowledge at any point in the many years since, however.

Pages: 1     Go Up New Topic more