Haven't yet registered?

bbb
germ
Desolo
mikael
padre
bbb

Donate

Your donation is safe and helps support the issues and causes you care about most.
Note: You are not allowed to upload copyright material or provide links to sites hosting copyright files. Violators will have their topic deleted or locked.
Pages: 2  ... Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
I have everything for CMRJ306, looking for final for LSTD204 Intro to Courts
Read 15725 times | 73 Replies | Average Rating: Not Rated Yet

Reply# 14 Quote
Rep:  +0   -0

Sep 1, 2012

No, i'm sorry I have not taken any math classes as of yet and thank your for the information.  Do you have anything for assignment 1.

Report this PostReport Abuse
Reply# 15 Quote

Sep 11, 2012

308 Crmj I have the mid term
Post Merge: Sep 11, 2012

Here is Quiz 1-3

I have 308 midterm

Reply# 16 Quote

Sep 11, 2012

I am in intro to courts, but have not taken the final yet. Do you need anything other assignments? I'm in week 6.

Reply# 17 Quote

Sep 14, 2012

Thank you! Congratulations

Reply# 18 Quote

Sep 20, 2012

Im in 308 now I have everything up to week 7 i will be taking final next week

If anyone has CMRJ308 - Ethics in Criminal Justice (I need everything!) and also just the final for LSTD204, I'll be forever grateful, I also have everything for the following classes

CMRJ341 - Criminalistics
CMRJ310 - Drug Dynamics in Criminal Justice
CMRJ303 - Criminology
LSTD400 - Criminal Legal Process

Reply# 19 Quote
Rep:  +1   -0

Sep 20, 2012

Post everything? Or send in message? I have somethings but I don't know if it's everything

Reply# 20 Quote

Sep 23, 2012

Does anyone have the final for LSTD204?

Reply# 21 Quote

Sep 23, 2012

Final Exam (due end of week 8)
Return to Assessment List
Comments: Great job. Let me know if you have questions about anything you missed.
Part 1 of 1 -    100.0 Points

Question 1 of 30    2.5 Points
Most judicial codes of ethics require that a judge "__________" himself if, among other things, he has a personal bias or prejudice concerning a party, or personal knowledge of disputed evidentiary facts concerning the proceeding.  recuse

Answer Key: recuse
Question 2 of 30    2.5 Points
More than __________ percent of state appellate court judges and nearly __________ percent of state trial court judges are elected to their posts.

A. 40/50   

B. 80/90   

C. 20/30   

D. 60/70   

Answer Key: B
Question 3 of 30    2.5 Points
Roy Fleming identified three main political styles for prosecutors. The __________ are those who change internal practices, but do so in a way that minimizes opposition.

A. office radical   

B. office conservator   

C. policy reformer   

D. courthouse insurgent   

Answer Key: C
Question 4 of 30    2.5 Points
In __________, the Supreme Court agreed with the defendant's argument that the prosecutor in the case acted vindictively and threatened the defendant's due process rights.

A. The North Carolina State Bar v. Michael B. Nifong   

B. Gideon v. Wainwright   

C. Blackledge v. Perry   

D. Argersinger v. Hamlin   

Question 5 of 30    2.5 Points
Attorneys in criminal cases often require their clients to pay a __________, or fees paid in advance for their services.

A. Retainer   

B. bond   

C. bail fee   

D. deposit   

Answer Key: A
Question 6 of 30    2.5 Points
Spangenberg and Schwartz point out that only __________ percent of justice expenditures are devoted to the representation of indigent defendants. (Use a number, don't spell it)  3

Answer Key: 3
Question 7 of 30    2.5 Points
In __________ the Court considered whether the identity of juveniles who testify at criminal trials can be disguised.

A. Ake v. Oklahoma   

B. Davis v. Alaska   

C. Smith v. Illinois   

D. Maryland v. Craig   

Question 8 of 30    2.5 Points
In __________ the defense attorney acknowledged his client's guilt in open court and focused his defense on reasons why the defendant's life should be spared. The evidence was so clearly indicative of the defendant's guilt, the Supreme Court did not feel the defense attorney's strategy was ineffective.

A. Bell v. Cone   

B. Florida v. Nixon   

C. Strickland v. Washington   

D. Rompilla v. Beard   

Question 9 of 30    2.5 Points
Without a proper __________ __________ __________ the defense can allege that the evidence was tampered with or "tainted" in such a way that it cannot prove the defendant's involvement in a crime.  chain of custody

Answer Key: chain of custody
Question 10 of 30    2.5 Points
The key requirement for an arrest is that it be based on reasonable suspicion.

True
 False

Answer Key: False
Question 11 of 30    2.5 Points
For a plea bargain to be valid, the plea must result from conduct that has a basis in __________.  fact

Answer Key: fact
Question 12 of 30    2.5 Points
An example of the pressure for innocent defendants to plead guilty was seen in __________.

A. Napue v. Illinois   

B. North Carolina v. Alford   

C. Santobello v. New York   

D. Edwards v. People   

Question 13 of 30    2.5 Points
_____ _____ are judges' orders "to control the release of leads, information and gossip to the press by police officers, witnesses and counsel for both sides."  Gag  orders

Answer Key: Gag, orders
Question 14 of 30    2.5 Points
In __________, a black defendant was convicted of a violent crime committed against a white security guard. The trial judge denied the defendant's motion that specific questions about racial prejudice be asked of potential jurors.

A. Ristiano v. Ross   

B. Swain v. Alabama   

C. Baldwin v. New York   

D. Batson v. Kentucky   

Question 15 of 30    2.5 Points
__________ __________ are those defenses that go beyond simply denying that a crime took place or that the defendant committed it. Examples include alibi defenses and self-defense.  Affirmative  defenses

Answer Key: Affirmative, defenses
Question 16 of 30    2.5 Points
Jury nullification has been defined as juries returning verdicts that reflect prejudiced or bigoted community standards and convict when the evidence does not warrant a conviction.

True
 False

Feedback: That description is for jury vilification. See page 356
Question 17 of 30    2.5 Points
__________ circumstances are those that reduce the seriousness or outrageousness of a given crime.

A. Auxillary   

B. Aggravated   

C. Mitigating   

D. Modifying   

Question 18 of 30    2.5 Points
The _____ _____ _____ was arguably America's first real run-in with terrorism.  Oklahoma  City  bombing

Answer Key: Oklahoma, City, bombing
Question 19 of 30    2.5 Points
__________ penalties occur when a criminal's conviction is made visible to several people with the goal of lowering the offender's social status through the performance of humiliating acts.

A. Apology   

B. forfeiture   

C. debasement   

D. public-exposure   

Question 20 of 30    2.5 Points
A(n) __________ __________ is an appeal that the appellate courts can decide on (whether to grant a hearing or not).  discretionary  appeal

Answer Key: discretionary, appeal
Question 21 of 30    2.5 Points
The __________ __________ is "an affiliation of organizations dedicated to providing pro bono legal and investigative services to individuals seeking to prove innocence of crimes for which they have been convicted and working to redress the causes of wrongful convictions."  innocence  network

Answer Key: Innocence, network
Question 22 of 30    2.5 Points
According to one study, __________ __________ is the single greatest cause of wrongful convictions nationwide, playing a role in more than 75% of convictions overturned through DNA testing.  eyewitness  misidentification

Answer Key: eyewitness, misidentification
Question 23 of 30    2.5 Points
Brian Forst used the term __________ to describe the many types of mistakes the criminal justice system can make.

A. Harmless error   

B. false justice   

C. rush to judgment   

D. error of justice   

Answer Key: D
Question 24 of 30    2.5 Points
Gender effects are most pronounced in the decision whether to imprison (as opposed to decisions on conviction and sentence length).

True
 False

Answer Key: True
Question 25 of 30    2.5 Points
A method of alternative dispute resolution in which the parties make informal presentations to a neutral party who then examines the strengths and weakness of each side's case and then informs the parties of them.

A. Neutral evaluation   

B. mediation   

C. deposition   

D. arbitration   

Question 26 of 30    2.5 Points
The term used to describe the refusal or failure to those responsible to provide food, shelter, health care, or protection for a vulnerable elder is __________.  neglect

Answer Key: neglect
Question 27 of 30    2.5 Points
In Frye v. Unitede States it was decided that expert opinion based on a scientific technique is inadmissible unless the technique is "generally accepted" as reliable in the relevant scientific community.

True
 False

Answer Key: True
Question 28 of 30    2.5 Points
Blogs decrease public access to the on-goings of the court.

True
 False

Question 29 of 30    15.0 Points
List and discuss the three main steps to the voir dire process.

The voir dire process is the final stage in selecting jury members and is concerned with the impartiality of the potential jury members. The voir dire process consists of three stages; 1) questioning by the judge, 2) challenges for cause, and 3) peremptory challenge. The first stage consists of the judge asking jurors questions to see if they are familiar with the case, if they favor one side or another in efforts to uncover any biases that jurors might have. This line of questioning helps the attorneys develop questions in the voir dire process. The second stage consists of prosecution and defense excluding members of the jury due to biases they have coming into the case. Both sides have an unlimited number of challenges for causes which allows either side to dismiss jurors who are unwilling or unable to hear the case fairly and impartially. The third stage is the peremptory challenge which allows either side to dismiss jurors without disclosing the reason why. This is a tactic used by both sides to remove individuals who they feel could sway members of the jury to a make an undesirable decision.

Comment:   Good basic overview of the voir dire process. You should note that a peremptory challenge may not be exercised due to race. More detail would have been better. You should also cite your sources.
Question 30 of 30    15.0 Points
Discuss the problem of wrongful convictions. Explain the significance of the problem and the causes. Give an example of a wrongfully convicted person cleared through one of the Project Innocence programs.

Wrongful convictions arise when innocent individuals are convicted of crimes they did not commit. According to our book, in 2003, Illinois altered the sentences of 156 death row inmates due to the fact that 13 were actually innocent. The governor stated that he could not be part of the system that was so full of errors and would not have a role of sentencing potential innocent people to death. Wrongful convictions have many causes stemming from eyewitness mistakes to law enforcement agencies contaminating evidence to juries deciding on the wrong verdict. To help combat this growing issue, innocence programs have formed to help exonerate innocent inmates. These programs use DNA from the inmates to prove the innocence and over 240 inmates have been freed by this procedure to date. One example from our text of exonerations from DNA evidence is Alejandro Hernandez. Hernandez spent eleven years and half years in prison for crimes he did not commit. DNA evidence proved that another convict actually committed the crimes and Hernandez was released.

Comment:   This essay is brief, but it contains good detail on part of the question. That said, you did not really go in to any detail on the impacts of the problem. You also need to cite your source(s).

Reply# 22 Quote

Sep 23, 2012

Grin This is great, thank you so much!!

Reply# 23 Quote

Sep 24, 2012

I wish I could be of more help, please if there is anyone who may need cmrj 301, 302, 303, I have all the info for these classes, Unfortunately I do not have Courts 204.  I need help if anyone has cmrj 308 and LSTD 400

Reply# 24 Quote

Sep 26, 2012

Found this after the fact...helpful to many though I'm sure.

Reply# 25 Quote

Sep 27, 2012

Mommyof2 - I'm also looking for the MATH quizs and etc. And I haven't started the elective classes yet, but will be after 5 more classes.

Reply# 26 Quote

Sep 28, 2012

Good Post, thanks!

Reply# 27 Quote
Rep:  +4   -0

Oct 1, 2012

Do you have the midterm for cmrj201