You need to login first

Login information

Haven't yet registered?

Categories

Homework Help Boards (University / College Level)

Biology-Related

Science-Related

Others

Laboratory Help

Non-Homework Help Boards

Notes

Guidance

Discussion

top posters

Support Us

If you found our community helpful, your small donation will continue to help us reach more students around the globe. You may also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
Pages: 1     Go Down
  New Topic  |  more  
Can someone help me with these questions about the endocrine system review?
Read 2100 times | 4 Replies | Average Rating Not Rated Yet
Lancelet
Credits: 30
Rep: 

For a more comfortable homework help experience, try HomeworkClinic.com.
1.   The anterior pituitary is composed of __________ tissue.  Name the six classic hormones whose functions are well known.
   a.
   b.
   c.
   d.
   e.
   f.
2.   TRH, GNRH, CRH etc. are known as ____________ hypothalamic hormones which regulate the function of the _________ pituitary.  These hormones are released into capillary beds and carried directly to the pituitary by the __________ ________  ________ located in the __________________.

Last Edit: 2 years ago by toripartin2 Report this PostReport Abuse
Reply# 1
Credits: 1339
Rep:  +1027  -5 

2 years ago
1.   The anterior pituitary is composed of __________ tissue.  Name the six classic hormones whose functions are well known.   a.   b.   c.   d.   e.   f.

The anterior pituitary is composed of epithelial tissue and five major cell types including corticotropes, thyrotropes, gonadotropes, somatotropes and lactotropes.
2.   TRH, GNRH, CRH etc. are known as ____________ hypothalamic hormones which regulate the function of the _________ pituitary.  These hormones are released into capillary beds and carried directly to the pituitary by the __________ ________  ________ located in the __________________.

This is difficult! I know that all of these are released into the blood, and travel immediately to the anterior lobe of the pituitary, where they exert their effects. All of them are released in periodic spurts.

Report this PostReport Abuse

Reply# 2
Credits: 55
Rep: 

2 years ago
2. pituitary, posterior. hypothalamic-hypophyseal tract, infundibulum

Reply# 3
Credits: 1339
Rep:  +1027  -5 

2 years ago
Please mark this topic solved.

Reply# 4
Credits: 43
Rep: 

A year ago
This topic is NOT solved, the answers are wrong. It lists cell type not classic hormones from anterior pituitary.
 Here they are:
a.Growth Hormone
b. TSH, thyroid-stimulating hormone
c.ACH, adrenocorticotropic hormone
d. Prolactin
e. Lutenizing hormone
f.FSH, follicle-stimulating hormone

Pages: 1     Go Up New Topic more