r
d
l
a
lgood4 lgood4
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Okay so today I have learned MONO and DiHybrid. And my teacher gave us homework which is about tri..
 I can't seem to find out the gametes using the square cause' i do not know how.. Here's the question.. Please post a picture if possible cause i wont understand it if its not a punnett square..

TRIHYBRID
Assume in humans curly (C) with dimples (D) and straight hairline (S) are dominant hairs. Marco having heterozygous for each trait will be marrying Noreen whose parents both having recessive alleles for the following trait. What will be the following gametes, genotypes, G.R and P.R?

I can figure out the genotype and GR if only you can give me the gametes.. You may help me with pheno as well
Read 1117 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Marco' genotype:-
CcDdSs
As Noreen's both parents are have recessive alleles, so they will only give their recessive alleles to Noreen.
So, Noreen's Genotype:-
ccddss.

Marco's Gametes- CDS, CDs, CdS,Cds,cDS,cDs,cdS,cds,
While Noreen's gametes are:- cds.

Now, you do a punnet square.

You will get
CcDdSs-8
CcDdss-8
CcddSs-8
Ccddss-8
ccDdSs-8
ccDdss-8
ccddSs-8
ccddss-8.

So, the Genotypic ratio is 1:1:1:1:1:1:1:1
And phenotypic Ratio is also 1:1:1:1:1:1:1:1
wrote...
11 years ago
Marco produces gametes with every combination of C or c, D or d, and S or s.

Remember that in a monohybrid cross the heterozygote produces two possible gametes, and in a dihybrid cross he produces four. The number doubles with each additional gene, so for a trihybrid there are 8 possible gametes.
(why does it double? Because each combination of C/c and D/d alleles can be paired with either S or s).

Here's one way to list them systematically:
CDS
CDs
CdS
Cds
cDS
cDs
cdS
cds
(note that I've listed the four dihybrid gametes CD, Cd, cD, and cd, then added S or s to each. To add a fourth gene A you would take each of these and add A or a.)

Meanwhile, Noreen is homozygous for all the recessive alleles, so all of her gametes are the same.
The Punnett Square is 8x1
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1145 People Browsing
 116 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293