s
r
d
l
a
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
8 years ago
I would like to know whether following condition would confirm to destroy any undetected parasites or not.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

"If wild fish are to be eaten raw or lightly cooked, all parts should be frozen at -15C or colder for at least four days in a domestic freezer. This will ensure that any undetected parasites are destroyed."

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/homehygiene/Pages/salmon-parasite-warning.aspx
Read 1061 times
8 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
Thanks for the question, oem7110.

The term, parasite, can mean many things or different things to different people, depending on the context. In this article, I believe they are referring to anisakis, which is a nematode - essentially a worm. I believe a cold environment would cause it to do two things: a) expand and die due to its ability to retain moisture and/or b) stunt its life cycle.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Referring to following image, it seems that Anisakiasis can easily get into our body, if you swim in ocean/sea as well.

Do you have any suggestions on how to know whether we get any anisakiasis within our body or not?
Thank you very much for any suggestions :>

wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
Referring to following image, it seems that Anisakiasis can easily get into our body, if you swim in ocean/sea as well.

Possibly if you drink the water or eat infected meat. I can't see it happening any other way.

oemBiology Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Thank you very much for suggestions :>
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
You're welcome.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
8 years ago
I would like to know whether there is any symptoms or not, if any parasitic lives in our body, and how to check them and remove them.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions :>
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
The symptoms vary considerably depending on the parasite. Anti-parasitic drugs are used.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
8 years ago
The symptoms vary considerably depending on the parasite. Anti-parasitic drugs are used.

Thank you very much for suggestions :>
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  955 People Browsing
 161 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4