S
m
s
linona linona
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
Hi
Why blood color changes in this picture and turns red to blue?
 does kidney uses the oxygen?

the blood come to kidney to purify itself and supply kidney oxygen?

thanks
Read 632 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
Interesting question. I've never really investigated this but I do know that minerals diffuse in and out of the loop of Henle. Whether or not oxygen is fed to the loop of Henle tissue during this process, I'm not sure.

Have you received any updates from other sources by any chance?
wrote...
8 years ago
There are two renal veins, a left and a right. They branch off the inferior vena cava and drain oxygen-depleted blood from the kidneys.

As they enter the kidneys, each vein separates into two parts. The posterior veins assist in draining the back section of each kidney, while the anterior veins assist the front part. These veins also are responsible for draining blood from the ureter, which transports urine away from the kidneys to the urinary bladder.

These veins should not be confused with the renal aorta. Unlike veins, the renal aorta delivers oxygenated blood to the kidneys. To simplify, the aorta carries blood to the kidneys while veins move the blood away.
wrote...
8 years ago
Because it is one of the venules in our body. In many pics, veins and venules are shown with blue color
Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1084 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 156