S
m
s
luisda luisda
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
Hey there,

I'm in the process of coming up with the method of my Biology IA for the IB and I really don't know how to do it. I want to measure the chlorella population growth in three different water sources at the same light and temperature conditions. Does anybody know enough Bio to help me?  What apparatus would I need for it and how could I do it? The aim is to show what water is the most polluted by seeing where chlorella proliferates the faster so I'd probably also need to look at phosphates, pH and more. What apparatus do I need for those things?

Thank you,

LuisDa Molina Rueda.
Read 856 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
I'm assuming you have chlorella already available? If not, you'll need to grow your own - here are the steps: http://chlorellaculture.com/

To test the different conditions, place the chlorella into a petri dish.

Apart from this, I'm not sure what further guidance you need.

Let me know if you need more help, LuisDa
luisda Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Hey, so yep, the thing is that what I wanna do exactly is taking different samples of water in different locations of a river, measuring the average population in each sample and at the end guessing what part of the river is the most polluted.
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
Hey, so yep, the thing is that what I wanna do exactly is taking different samples of water in different locations of a river, measuring the average population in each sample and at the end guessing what part of the river is the most polluted.

So it should be a simple task.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  796 People Browsing
 111 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 79