t
S
m
s
Berettaspeed Berettaspeed
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
This is my First post here, and I hope many more to come.

I dont know much about the depths of many things and am trying to figure out a question/statement brought to my attention. I have searched for answers, but my lack of knowledge in this has shown me I dont know where to search or how to ask a search engine.

My goal is to be pointed in the right direction to continue reading up on the topic. I dont mind an answer. But I like to come to an understanding verse just having an answer. With this in mind, please forgive what may seem like silly questions.

While discussing order in the universe and how order comes to be, it has been said from a person Lipids come about on their own. From my little understanding or think I understand. They are the outer part of a cell and enclose a cell. The question is...... do the lipids exist before cells or after cells? Or how do they become in existence?

My stance was the cells control the organization much like our bodies control our skins actions, of course not through conscious acts. but only when there is a demand for it. While asking for an explanation, I was left with "find out on your own because you clearly dont know enough to talk about a subject".  I wish to come back with understanding to defend my position granted my position is the same with the new information.

Thank you for your time Slight Smile
Read 2090 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
While discussing order in the universe and how order comes to be, it has been said from a person Lipids come about on their own. From my little understanding or think I understand. They are the outer part of a cell and enclose a cell. The question is...... do the lipids exist before cells or after cells? Or how do they become in existence?

Are you referring to the lipid bilayer?

Lipids are a general term for a group of naturally occurring molecules that include fats, waxes, sterols, fat-soluble vitamins (such as vitamins A, D, E, and K), monoglycerides, diglycerides, triglycerides, phospholipids, and others. All of these listed have several characteristics, the chief of which is their avoidance of water -- referred to as their nonpolar nature. Lipids are then divided into two categories. One category contains molecules that are long chains of carbon atoms accompanied by hydrogen atoms, such as fatty acids. The other category is molecules in which carbon atoms are attached as multiple ring structures that are fused together, such as cholesterol. The nonpolar nature of lipids allows them to form layers that keep out water, or spheres that transport clumps of lipids huddled together in a watery environment. Further, carbon chains can have a straight shape or a bent shape, depending on the presence of certain types of double bonds within them.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  973 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?