r
d
l
a
CandyCream CandyCream
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago Edited: 8 years ago, CandyCream
My laboration: To determine if a lump of sugar or granulated sugar solubles faster in water,

First of all i would like to ask if these statements are correct and i have some questions to them, I quote earlier posts on this website

Quote: "Sugars give off energy the faster they break down in water (solubility) the more energy you get faster."  .

1. Now I ask , does this mean that sugar is porous, like in finer form, gives energy faster?

Quote 2: "The more soluble it is, the more accessible it is to cells that utilize it. Recall that sugars need to move through the bloodstream to get to their location"

2. Now I ask, is this statement correct? Moreover I also wonder, if granulated sugar can come faster to the cells than a lump of sugar, or is it only relevant between different sorts of sugar?

Quote 3: "The higher the solubility, the easier it is digested. Undigested lactose (due to its low solubility) is the cause of the symptoms related to lactose intolerance."  3. Does this have anything to do with the speed of soluble sugar, for instance if u have granulated sugar or a lump of sugar, or is it only between different sorts of sugar?

4. If I had an experiment to determine if a lump of sugar or granulated sugar solubles faster in water, do you have any tips of what a conclusion could be?

Hopefully someone could answer one of these questions or hopefully all eventually!

Thank you in advance
Post Merge: 8 years ago

Anyone know?
Read 261 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
Quote: "Sugars give off energy the faster they break down in water (solubility) the more energy you get faster."  .

1. Now I ask , does this mean that sugar is porous, like in finer form, gives energy faster?

Gives off energy as in, it is broken down biologically into cellular energy.
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
Quote 2: "The more soluble it is, the more accessible it is to cells that utilize it. Recall that sugars need to move through the bloodstream to get to their location"

2. Now I ask, is this statement correct? Moreover I also wonder, if granulated sugar can come faster to the cells than a lump of sugar, or is it only relevant between different sorts of sugar?

Granulated sugar has high surface area that a lump of sugar, it is quicker to dissolve. That's simply it.
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
Quote 3: "The higher the solubility, the easier it is digested. Undigested lactose (due to its low solubility) is the cause of the symptoms related to lactose intolerance."  3. Does this have anything to do with the speed of soluble sugar, for instance if u have granulated sugar or a lump of sugar, or is it only between different sorts of sugar?

Lactose intolerance does not have to do with solubility. It has to do with a lack of enzymes found in the gut.
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
4. If I had an experiment to determine if a lump of sugar or granulated sugar solubles faster in water, do you have any tips of what a conclusion could be?

Granulated sugar would dissolve quicker.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1066 People Browsing
 128 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4