t
S
m
s
MyUnname MyUnname
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
How would one perform most biological detoxification and cleansing of the body?

My brain (metaphorically) tells me that there's lots of bad waste going on in body. I don't avoid the topic that I do eat fastfood (not so very often but it happens). But let's skip that part about discussing on how good/bad my food education is.

Are there any general rules that would improve health of body (biologically speaking?). I don't mean physical training, I'm talking about more, which products to avoid and which products tend to help body recover any temporal damage received by containment of such waste.

I know that there's no "insta-cure" for it. But is there something that my body would be thankful for to avoid, or other products, to consume?
Read 1305 times
13 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
Antioxidants are great. They come from fruits mainly, such as blackberries (or berries in general), chocolate, and even unusual places like tea.

The whole idea of body detox is a gimic on so many levels.

What makes you think you need a bodily cleanse?

Interesting topic by the way Slight Smile
MyUnname Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Antioxidants are great. They come from fruits mainly, such as blackberries (or berries in general), chocolate, and even unusual places like tea.
Berries, great. Chocolate, no really (too much of it, has more negative effects than in other cases). Tea, are there any specific global types? Or do I look for specific taste?

The whole idea of body detox is a gimic on so many levels.
Could you explain?

What makes you think you need a bodily cleanse?
I realized, that being 18 years old, my body isn't in as a great shape as it should be. I'm not feeling quite right about that fact, so I wanted to give it a "vacation". I planned some training (signed up yoga and gym, doing them). But on top of that, I need to "upgrade" my food-chain, I want my body to feel happy and easy instead of "ugh, okay, I'll get it through".
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
Berries, great. Chocolate, no really (too much of it, has more negative effects than in other cases). Tea, are there any specific global types? Or do I look for specific taste?

Chocolate - dark chocolate only, 80% and up.

Green tea is universally known to do this.

The reason I say it is a gimic because I've heard it marketed before, and there are a ton of products that promise to cleanse your body of its toxins. Your liver naturally cleanses your body. Remember, you are what you eat. Fast from eating meat once or twice a week and dedicate those days to eating raw vegetables instead. Don't eat anything containing trans-fat or worse yet, hydrogenated fat or modified palm oil. Go into your pantry and cabinets right now and throw all those foods in the garbage. Are you exercising? That definitely contributes to bad shape.
MyUnname Author
wrote...
8 years ago Edited: 8 years ago, MyUnname
The reason I say it is a gimic because I've heard it marketed before, and there are a ton of products that promise to cleanse your body of its toxins.
Yea, I've heard about it "try our energytonic, just one sap, and you'll be like a doggy", but no, I assure you that no media is setting up my path.

Your liver naturally cleanses your body.
How to help liver? Face with Stuck-out Tongue, does it use certain substance I could provide it with?

Remember, you are what you eat.
I don't know what vegatables sound like. But moo is surely part of it.

Fast from eating meat once or twice a week and dedicate those days to eating raw vegetables instead.

Fast from eating meat once or twice a week and dedicate those days to eating raw vegetables instead.
So I eat flesh only twice a week? And what about fish? I'm omnivore, won't that cause certain problems with body when deprived from such sources? Or it's just a lie I was told?

Don't eat anything containing trans-fat or worse yet, hydrogenated fat or modified palm oil.
Aren't those things that normally occur in butter and such? Also, "trans-fat" ?

Are you exercising? That definitely contributes to bad shape.
I was. But I'm not in bad shape, there's just lots of crap my body wants to be gone. I can still lift and run, my condition isn't best, but that partially because of astma. (not making excuses, of course I can train it, and never did)

Chocolate - dark chocolate only, 80% and up.
Isn't that almost pure-sugar in other form? Face with Stuck-out Tongue
In which doses?
And could you explain how would it work in my case (generally).?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
How to help liver? , does it use certain substance I could provide it with?

Simple, eat well (I'll talk about this a little more below). If you want to supplement your organ, you could try milk thistle pills.

So I eat flesh only twice a week? And what about fish? I'm omnivore, won't that cause certain problems with body when deprived from such sources? Or it's just a lie I was told?

I didn't say "flesh". I meant fast from eating meat - meaning don't eat it all once or twice a week. Fish is great, but people don't know how to prepare it properly. Instead of frying it, bake it with vegetables and top it with olive oil.

Aren't those things that normally occur in butter and such? Also, "trans-fat" ?

Trans-fat, yes, but not hydrogenated fat. Hydrogenated fats are found in margarine or any food product that has a long shelf-life, like chocolate bars or pastries - be careful of this.

I was. But I'm not in bad shape, there's just lots of crap my body wants to be gone. I can still lift and run, my condition isn't best, but that partially because of astma. (not making excuses, of course I can train it, and never did)

Sounds like an excuse, but who am I to judge. Make sure you get in at least 10 minutes of cardio per workout. Do it at the beginning so you don't feel lazy at the end of your workout.

Isn't that almost pure-sugar in other form?
In which doses?
And could you explain how would it work in my case (generally).?

Actually, it's the opposite. 80% means 80% coca and 20% everything else (sugar, milk, etc). Chocolate contains antioxidants.
MyUnname Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Simple, eat well (I'll talk about this a little more below). If you want to supplement your organ, you could try milk thistle pills.
Milk thistle pills? Ah, I see. Are they actually quite effective (that my liver would really benefit from) or just little bit help-ish?

I didn't say "flesh". I meant fast from eating meat - meaning don't eat it all once or twice a week. Fish is great, but people don't know how to prepare it properly. Instead of frying it, bake it with vegetables and top it with olive oil.
So just skip eating flesh twice a week. Would "cooking" fish on "steam" (heathen foam water type-a thing) be good enough?

Trans-fat, yes, but not hydrogenated fat. Hydrogenated fats are found in margarine or any food product that has a long shelf-life, like chocolate bars or pastries - be careful of this.
Haven't you just told me that chocolate bars might help me a bit in reasonable dose?

Sounds like an excuse, but who am I to judge. Make sure you get in at least 10 minutes of cardio per workout. Do it at the beginning so you don't feel lazy at the end of your workout.
I said, that I'm not making excuses, doesn't mean that I haven't wrote them Face with Stuck-out Tongue. I know my habits aren't perfect, that's why I'm here to consult it with someone who has them up in the better level and could provide certain information that I might use in improving these habits.

Actually, it's the opposite. 80% means 80% coca and 20% everything else (sugar, milk, etc). Chocolate contains antioxidants.
Aren't "antioxidants" for retarding of sweating? If so, how does that bare on my situation? If not, how would content of cocoa, help in cleansing?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
Milk thistle pills? Ah, I see. Are they actually quite effective (that my liver would really benefit from) or just little bit help-ish?

It's benefits have been documented for ages, and a lot of people with hepatitis use it, so I'd assume it works.

Dandelion is another one of these herbs that is also documented.

So just skip eating flesh twice a week. Would "cooking" fish on "steam" (heathen foam water type-a thing) be good enough?

Yes, that's even better, but might be a bit bland on the tongue.

Haven't you just told me that chocolate bars might help me a bit in reasonable dose?

Good quality bars, not KitKat or Twix. Try to avoid milk chocolate because it often contains unhealthy additives like loads of sugar.

I said, that I'm not making excuses, doesn't mean that I haven't wrote them . I know my habits aren't perfect, that's why I'm here to consult it with someone who has them up in the better level and could provide certain information that I might use in improving these habits.

I'm happy to help, not here to judge.

Aren't "antioxidants" for retarding of sweating? If so, how does that bare on my situation? If not, how would content of cocoa, help in cleansing?

No, where did you hear such a thing? Cocoa contains antioxidants which work by interrupting free radical chain reactions. For example, having vitamin E around may interrupt a chain of free radical activity after only five reactions, instead of its snowballing into 100 reactions.
MyUnname Author
wrote...
8 years ago Edited: 8 years ago, MyUnname
It's benefits have been documented for ages, and a lot of people with hepatitis use it, so I'd assume it works.

Dandelion is another one of these herbs that is also documented.
I'mma eat some dandelion right now. Heh.

Good quality bars, not KitKat or Twix. Try to avoid milk chocolate because it often contains unhealthy additives like loads of sugar.
Is any sold chocolate above 80% cocoa, good quality bar?
Also, how much chocolate per what time? Bar per month (and I can just keep splitting it to some 1/30th bar a day?) ?

I'm happy to help, not here to judge.
*High-Five!*

No, where did you hear such a thing? Cocoa contains antioxidants which work by interrupting free radical chain reactions. For example, having vitamin E around may interrupt a chain of free radical activity after only five reactions, instead of its snowballing into 100 reactions.
I've always got told that deodorants are sprays against smell, anti-oxi, ah, whatever, it's wrong so I'd better drop the idea. Hmmm... good to know.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
Also, how much chocolate per what time? Bar per month (and I can just keep splitting it to some 1/30th bar a day?) ?

If you're purchasing dark chocolate, chances are it's good quality. Remember, everything in moderation. Dark chocolate is a fine dessert, though too much of it, you'll probably get sick of it.

By the way, you didn't fully answer my question, do you write PHP?
MyUnname Author
wrote...
8 years ago

If you're purchasing dark chocolate, chances are it's good quality. Remember, everything in moderation. Dark chocolate is a fine dessert, though too much of it, you'll probably get sick of it.

By the way, you didn't fully answer my question, do you write PHP?

Yes I do. (wrong question man, Are vision improvement exercises for real?, that's the one)

Everything in moderation, as in? How often?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
Yes I do. (wrong question man, Are vision improvement exercises for real?, that's the one)

Yah, I caught that! That's wicked, maybe you can help create some features for our community Wink Face

Everything in moderation, as in? How often?

I can't give you a number. I suggest that whenever you crave chocolate, make sure it is dark chocolate.
MyUnname Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Yah, I caught that! That's wicked, maybe you can help create some features for our community Wink Face
Send me some information on Private Message, I'm not promising anything though.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
Send me some information on Private Message, I'm not promising anything though.

Of course. I suppose I should make a list of the things I would like fixed. There are a ton of bugs lingering around the website, nothing major. Have you experienced anything weird so far based off your experience here?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1003 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 308