s
r
d
l
a
angie19 angie19
wrote...
8 years ago
1) in the southeastern part of alberta, all the populations of all the organisms occupying the grassland represent

2) in a random mating population of drosophila, 5% of the flies have black bodies ( an autosomal, recessive trait) and the rest have brown bodies. This population is assumed to be in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium. If a researcher samples 10 000 Drosophilia from this population , the number of flies expected to be heterozygous dominant for body colour is

Read 1746 times
3 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
1) in the southeastern part of alberta, all the populations of all the organisms occupying the grassland represent

Question is incomplete.

2) in a random mating population of drosophila, 5% of the flies have black bodies ( an autosomal, recessive trait) and the rest have brown bodies. This population is assumed to be in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium. If a researcher samples 10 000 Drosophilia from this population , the number of flies expected to be heterozygous dominant for body colour is

You'll need to use the following two formulas:

p2 + 2pq + q2 = 1
p + q = 1

Let me know if you need more guidance.
angie19 Author
wrote...
8 years ago
bio man am I supposed to times anything by 10 000? or I think when I see questions like that I get mixed up
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
8 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free