t
S
m
s
MyUnname MyUnname
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago Edited: 8 years ago, MyUnname
Hey, I was wondering if so-called sight exercise is for real? And if it could her nearsighted person.
The exercises I'm talking about are:

I'm not random sheep believing "DOCTORS HATE US!!", "give us rights to withdraw 0.99 euro from your account, then all your salary and we grant you this awesome pill made out of air, that will grant you absolutely nothing!"

However they seem to give direct exercises without being forced to pay or buy anything. Sure, their channel names are taken for granted to send me to some shady website, but exercise is here for free apparently.

I have some problems with sight. Too much programming, too much gaming, too much Wikipedia, too many movies. As result of this I'm nearsighted, I was wondering if the movie I provided you, if this may be partially real or is just total fantasy? If I would execute exercise properly and regularly, could this possibly work, in some weird universe?

About every 5th video, was NOT a video about: "buy our products, 60 days money back guarantee"
Read 762 times
13 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
Are you farsighted, nearsighted?

Anyway, we lose our vision because the muscles that control the lens in our eye weakens due to age. If anything, these exercises only contribute to that fatigue.

What do you program?
MyUnname Author
wrote...
Are you farsighted, nearsighted?
Nearsighted (miswritten "her" and "help", common mistake on my side, because I'm fast-typer). I see nearby, but vision vagues the further object is.

Anyway, we lose our vision because the muscles that control the lens in our eye weakens due to age. If anything, these exercises only contribute to that fatigue.
Dude, I'm 18 :|
Have I really screwed up my eyes that badly, as if I was 60 years old? Have I really destroyed my eyes?

What do you program?

WPF/QT applications, CLI applications, coding of websites, attempting to create game using Unity with C#, random stuff, I'm not taught programmer, but I just love doing it. And coding websites is my job.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
Nearsighted (miswritten "her" and "help", common mistake on my side, because I'm fast-typer). I see nearby, but vision vagues the further object is.

If you're nearsighted, there's not much you can do about it apart from wearing glasses - it's natural, part of our genetics. Nearsightedness is caused by a refractive error where your eye does not focus light correctly. You've probably had this since birth.

WPF/QT applications, CLI applications, coding of websites, attempting to create game using Unity with C#, random stuff, I'm not taught programmer, but I just love doing it. And coding websites is my job.

Are you good at PHP? Impressive how you know coding and you're only 18!
MyUnname Author
wrote...
If you're nearsighted, there's not much you can do about it apart from wearing glasses - it's natural, part of our genetics. Nearsightedness is caused by a refractive error where your eye does not focus light correctly. You've probably had this since birth. But then I thought it was only temporary and just muscles, will get better over time. My bad.
No, I'm certainly sure I was able to see really well, before I was 'lil stupid lad who gamed 12 hours a day with 100% brightness on screen. After this it started decreasing.

Are you good at PHP? Impressive how you know coding and you're only 18!
Thanks. But I know someone who's 15 and knows already more than me, so...
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
No, I'm certainly sure I was able to see really well, before I was 'lil stupid lad who gamed 12 hours a day with 100% brightness on screen. After this it started decreasing.

In nearsighted people, the eyeball is too long or the cornea has too much curvature, so the light entering the eye is not focused correctly. I don't think watching TV, coding, etc. has anything to do with it. I've been using the computer for decade longer than you, doing similar work, and my eyesight is fine.
MyUnname Author
wrote...

In nearsighted people, the eyeball is too long or the cornea has too much curvature, so the light entering the eye is not focused correctly. I don't think watching TV, coding, etc. has anything to do with it. I've been using the computer for decade longer than you, doing similar work, and my eyesight is fine.

Brisbane optometry professor Nathan Efron does not consider computer screens "harmful" to our eyes.

But he admits if you use one a lot, you increase your risk of becoming slightly more short-sighted – where your eyes focus well only on close objects while more distant objects appear blurred. This is especially the case for children and young adults, whose eyes are still developing.

But doing a lot of any close-up work – including reading – will have the same effect.

Exactly why the risk increases isn't well understood and two theories have been proposed. First, when we read up close, objects in the peripheral visual field are not perfectly focused, and the eye tries to grow slightly larger to correct this, making you a little more short-sighted. Second, it's thought the constant contraction of eye muscles when we focus up close somehow makes the eyeball more elongated, which again tends to make you more short-sighted.

Are you entirely sure, that it's not about computer screen? What if I was 8, and I was already sitting 12 hours a day on a computer gaming (hence my love to game design > website design > website coding > programming > code on steel programming). Are you sure that my eyes haven't "underdevelopped" themselves to focus on close-up objects?

Many articles claim, there's absolutely no evidence of permanent damage to an eye after long periods of time, except the smaller and temporal ones. But I can't explain why my eyes were all great and could read from hundred meters, now I have blur in 4 meters (or even less). If it's not "permanent" damage and childhood genetic "induced" damage fall off. There must be way to bring back to temporal damage, right?

Sorry for sounding extremely arrogant. I just really need to know, if there's anything my eyes would be thankful to use (just like in other topic, but the other topic relates to entire body, waste and chemical regulation). Vision improvement would be great, even if it took 5 years, any improvement would be great. My vision is not that heavily bad, I recognize people, can read texts and street names, but further it's really not nice I need to "squeeze" my eyes together (this "trick" has a name, I'm sure because I read about it, could you may know this?).
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
They might be underdeveloped, but I would blame your genes. Of course, over-exposure to light fatigues your iris sphincter muscle, but that wouldn't cause them to under-develop. When I code, or work on the computer >5 hours a day, I make sure the screen is at its dimmest. Right now, if you look at my computer screen, it's dimmer than a blank piece of white paper. Definitely something you should consider.

For me, "retina displays" are a gimmick and damaging to your sight given its brightness. Your eye muscles on constantly trying to constrict the light that passes to your retina because of the brightness.
MyUnname Author
wrote...
8 years ago
They might be underdeveloped, but I would blame your genes. Of course, over-exposure to light fatigues your iris sphincter muscle, but that wouldn't cause them to under-develop. When I code, or work on the computer >5 hours a day, I make sure the screen is at its dimmest. Right now, if you look at my computer screen, it's dimmer than a blank piece of white paper. Definitely something you should consider.

For me, "retina displays" are a gimmick and damaging to your sight given its brightness. Your eye muscles on constantly trying to constrict the light that passes to your retina because of the brightness.

So, genes that is Frowning Face. That means glasses-only, right, nothing I can possibly do? Frowning Face
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
So, genes that is . That means glasses-only, right, nothing I can possibly do?

Glasses, contacts, or LASIK eye surgery.
MyUnname Author
wrote...
8 years ago
So, genes that is . That means glasses-only, right, nothing I can possibly do?

Glasses, contacts, or LASIK eye surgery.

Let's say I would get LASIK eye surgery. Would it work on my genetic "problem"?

And there would be no general way to permanently make it bad again (by paying lots of care to my eyes of course, I've grown some brain since then), unless LASIK surgery would have side-effects or not fully fulfilled it's purpose?

Generally, if I do LASIK surgery, and it would have no side-effects and would fulfill it's purpose, and I paid care to my eyes... I'm fine-standing?
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
8 years ago
LASIK eye surgery is very safe and caters to people with your situation. If you want more information, visit this website:

http://eyewiki.aao.org/LASIK_for_Myopia_and_Astigmatism%3A_Safety_and_Efficacy
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
MyUnname Author
wrote...
LASIK eye surgery is very safe and caters to people with your situation. If you want more information, visit this website:

http://eyewiki.aao.org/LASIK_for_Myopia_and_Astigmatism%3A_Safety_and_Efficacy

It may sound stupid and completely ridiculous, but looking at text and images. It looks like they're using laser to "burn" little of my cornea, in order to correct the vision. So my lens is working as it should? Wow, I've been stupid for a long time then. I thought my lens was the problem where it would be too focused to "defocus" and relax.

Also, how would I find any LASIK "operators" in my region? Seems like operation per one eye costs two thousand euro's per eye and up. Of course I could Google "LASIK operations", but people from SEO will do their job. Does any of you, or your friends have any global recommendations? Or maybe I should be seeking for specific tag-word? I'm seeking for quality, I could even pay 5000 euro when guaranteed quality (as far as they can do).

wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
If you Google that, for instance, you will get some people advertising within your region. Copy their business names down and do some further research to see how their reputation compares to others.

If you don't know how and would like some assistance, let me know.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  819 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204