t
S
m
s
Avradeep Avradeep
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
8 years ago
1. What are Sex limited traits & Sex influenced traits? Please give an example of each traits.
2. To which class of the above Male pattern baldness belongs to? An explanation will be a great help.
I am confused with Pattern baldness because 2 different books have classified it differently.
Read 454 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
8 years ago
1. The sex-limited traits are expressed in only one gender. Think of things that only women can do, or things that only men can do, i.e. women producing milk. Sex-influenced traits are expressed in both males and females but are expressed differently in each sex, and they are autosomal meaning not found on the x and y chromosomes. One example would be eye color.

2. To which class of the above Male pattern baldness belongs to? An explanation will be a great help.
I am confused with Pattern baldness because 2 different books have classified it differently.

I believe the gene for male pattern baldness is found in the x chromosome.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Avradeep Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Thanks a lot padre.
But pattern baldness is more common in men. So should not it be located on Y chromosome?
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
Thanks a lot padre.
But pattern baldness is more common in men. So should not it be located on Y chromosome?

Both genders experience hair loss. Male pattern baldness is caused by the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone. This conversion occurs at the prostate gland and at the hair follicle. At the hair follicle, it reduces blood flow to the area.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  913 People Browsing
 114 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 308

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?