t
i
r
r
d9esco d9esco
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
glutamine is a non-essential amino acid and I understand that it's excitatory in the nervous system which can be dangerous. I also understand that its anti-catabolic but this only applies to muscle tissue and the skeletal system. does it have anti-catabolic properties in the organs of the digestive system.  I understand that this substance is used to prevent a leaky gut I want to understand what exactly glutamine does to the intestine to prevent a leaky gut does it stimulate action potential in the intestine to absorb water or does the substance itself absorb the water of a leaky gut to solidify fecal matter
Read 442 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
8 years ago
To answer your question:

Glutamine is important for removing excess ammonia (a common waste product in the body). It also helps your immune system function and may be needed for normal brain function and digestion.
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Ask another question, I may be able to help!
d9esco Author
wrote...
8 years ago
this doesn't answer my question I was wondering what exactly glutamine does to the digestive tract when it reaches it do you think that glutamine is absorbed in the intestine
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
this doesn't answer my question I was wondering what exactly glutamine does to the digestive tract when it reaches it do you think that glutamine is absorbed in the intestine

I've personally never read of any connection between the two. Given that it is a non-essential amino acid, I'd say its effects aren't significant enough to mention Undecided
d9esco Author
wrote...
8 years ago

I've personally never read of any connection between the two. Given that it is a non-essential amino acid, I'd say its effects aren't significant enough to mention Undecided

So what credentials do you have? Just wondering if you practice a field or have some degree.
wrote...
8 years ago
It protects the brain from toxins I believe.
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago

So what credentials do you have? Just wondering if you practice a field or have some degree.

I'm using logic strictly to make my point. Any amino acid in its raw form has little effect of our physiology.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1314 People Browsing
 118 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?