r
d
l
a
Engineer Engineer
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
What would be the best approach for me to teach myself genetics. I have a degree in integrated mechanical and electrical enginereing but taught myself programming skills way beyond that and now work as a software engineer. I really want to teach myself microbiology. My ambition is to use my programming skills to create software i can use to solve genetic problems. If I could do anything I would try my own hand at solving the aging problem and increasing life expectancy. I know many people think it is unethical to make people live longer because of overpopulation, but if I did this on the low nobody would need to know and I might choose to not share it.

But anyway, I am serious. What advice could you guys give me. I want to learn about viruses in particular because I know viruses make good vectors for gene theropy. The most biology I know now is what I learnt at A level, my best subject.

Any advice where I should start?

I tend to be a practical learner. I want to start doing my own genetic engineering projects as soon as I can as a way of learning but I know to do many things I would need access to expensive equipment. How can I get this access without having a biology qualification?

University way of learning never really suited me the best way for me to learn is on my own in my spare time.
Read 593 times
3 Replies