O
x
d
s
smluke2000 smluke2000
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I just took the exam today and thought the multiple choice was pretty hard.  I think I missed around 20-30 AT THE MOST so my raw score should be around 65.  However, I think I did really well on the free response.  I only missed one part (4 points at most).  So I got around 36 on the free response.  

These values are the lowest possible I probably got.  Can I get a 5?

Thanks.
Read 2524 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
You might get a 5 but I believe you will get a 4. I took the test today, and I agree the multiple choice was harder than I thought it would be. The free response were fine except for the first question about the fish. what were the variables and how fish's physiology was affected by temp. I don't think if it matters whether you get a 4 or 5 when it comes to college credit.
wrote...
11 years ago
If you did that well on MC and essays, you will absolutely get a 5. But you have to take into account that it is very difficult to get full credit on the essays. Losing only 4 points is rare. But here is how to figure out your score:

Find your raw score for multiple choice. Multiply this number by .75.
(so in your case, this would round to 49)
Then take your essay score and multiply by 1.5.
(so if you missed 4 points, this would be 54)

Add these numbers. (You would get 103)

Here is the scoring breakdown:
5: 82-135
4: 63-81
3: 47-62
2: 29-46
1: 0-28

So, assuming your prediction for your MC score is correct, you really only need a score of 24 on the essays in order to get a 5, (and that is being safe). As long as you missed no more than 16 points, you can probably expect a 5.

Great job! Congratulations! Did you find the test sort of easy today? I was expecting it to be a lot harder.
wrote...
11 years ago
I can tell you, firsthand, this is clearly a five.

Here's how my AP book breaks down your score.

65*0.75 + 36 * 1.5 = 102.75

That, by my AP books logic, is actually a pretty solid five.
(their cutoff for a five is 80 on that scale, so I hope for the best!)

I thought it was pretty easy too, though I most likely got a four
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  553 People Browsing
 145 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?