r
d
l
a
ana s. ana s.
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
Hello and thank you for accepting me in the community, this is my first time posting as I really wish to have an answer to a question I ask myself for years... (I apologise in advance if my post is violating any norms or principles in this forum)

So, when I was around 4 years old I was in my bedroom in Portugal (region of Alentejo), looked up at the low aged wooden ceiling and found a strange creature sitting there, just between two cracks in the wood. It was the size of a small plum, flat, and had a round pale-green soft-looking body, with a darker spot in the middle, and all around it there seemed to be a dozen of short, flat, very wide dark-red legs. It appeared to have a soft/squishy appearance.
I know this is a very weird description, but I swear it was real and not a figment of my imagination, because upon seeing it I screamed, at which point it moved its "legs" in a clockwise movement, disappearing between the wood cracks, and my mom came running to see what had happened and couldn't find the creature as it had already disappeared into the wood. She still remembers the episode.

No biology teacher I have ever talked to about this was able to give me an answer - all they could give me is that it might have been a deformed bug.

Does anyone know what that creature might be? I am including attached an image crudely drawn by memory on Paint, it is an awful work of art and I am sorry for that but I just meant to represent they key shapes of the creature as I remember them.

Thank you very much!
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 586 times
4 Replies