l
t
S
m
s
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
8 years ago
I would like to know on why use Salt water to wash mouth and it would reduce inflammation on throat.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Read 2731 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
Salt creates a hypertonic solution surrounding the cells. A hypertonic solution will cause surface cells, including pathogens to burst due to osmosis - water will be drawn out of the cell.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Salt creates a hypertonic solution surrounding the cells. A hypertonic solution will cause surface cells, including pathogens to burst due to osmosis - water will be drawn out of the cell.

I would like to know on what different approach is to kill pathogens between Listerine and Salt Water.
What is the Pros and Cons?
Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions :>
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
Listerine contains anti-microbial chemicals. Salt simply changes the solute concentration in the environment that the pathogens are thriving in. I'd say salt is less specific than Listerine. I'm assuming you're using Listerine to kill germs on your teeth and gums, right? If you are, Listerine will do a better job than simply gargling with salt water.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Thank you very much for suggestions :>
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  906 People Browsing
 112 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?