d
l
a
s
toney toney
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
Hi, plz help me with this question. If i coupled neural model, and under what condition one can initate the other one ? Also, what is the exactly mean of initiate action potential, to clear the oscillator behaviour or sth else?
Thank you!
Read 1102 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
In order for a neuron to initiate an action potential it has to receive enough impulses to reach its threshold.
So if you imagine an analogy:
my phone starts ringing, it's people calling me to convince me to do something
after enough people call i make up my mind I'm going to do it

With this analogy I have compared phone calls to multiple stimulus from other neurons to the neuron in this video
What I'm calling phone calls they're calling "voltage gated sodium channels opening"

in this next video the phone calls in my analogy would be compared to acetylcholine

Acetylcholine  is a neurotransmitter in both the peripheral nervous system (PNS) and central nervous system (CNS) in many organisms including humans. Acetylcholine is one of many neurotransmitters in the autonomic nervous system (ANS) and the only neurotransmitter used in the motor division of the somatic nervous system. (Sensory neurons use glutamate and various peptides at their synapses.) Acetylcholine is also the principal neurotransmitter in all autonomic ganglia.
Acetylcholine slows the heart rate when functioning as an inhibitory neurotransmitter. However, acetylcholine also behaves as an excitatory neurotransmitter at neuromuscular junctions (like in the last video)
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  805 People Browsing
 119 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4