t
i
r
r
Humanbro Humanbro
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
Putting all things into consideration, how would humans most likely be like 10 million years from now, assuming that we are still around?
If you have any insight, please share them. Thanks
Read 595 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago Edited: 8 years ago, bio_man
How the human race will shape up depends on our environment. If we don't mess up the environment and it remains the way it does, which is very unlikely to happen, then the human race will remain stagnant in terms of its evolution. However, I would assume that race will disappear within the next 1000 years; migration is a lot easier in the 21st century compared to the past, so those well defined races that exist today will likely deminish completely. As such, the human race will become more genetically diverse, and be able to ward off pathogenic threats a lot better I think. Therefore, I think our longevity will also increase, where we will live longer and our immune systems will strengthen due to this genetic diversity. It's hard even to imagine what will happen in 100 years, let a lone a million.

Also keep in mind that naturally the climate changes overtime, it goes through hot and cold cycles every 23 thousand years, which accounts for the ice ages we've observered. This has to do with the way the earth is shaped; it's not a perfect spherical shape as some might assume (phenomenon known as percession)... This is just another thing to keep in mind when theorizing what the future will hold for humanity.
wrote...
Staff Member
8 years ago
I agree with bio_man on the notion of race

Look at this woman, she was created by a computer from a mix of several races. What you see is a remarkable preview of what the North American race will look like. (According to TIME magazine)
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
8 years ago
I think we will all end up looking like each other (in terms of race). We won't be able to distinguish between races. Kinda sad but interesting at the same time. Too bad our generation won't be around when that happens.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1258 People Browsing
 120 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?