t
i
r
r
Grmngrl8203 Grmngrl8203
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
The highlighted structure contributes to which autonomic function?
   stimulation of secretions of the submandibular and sublingual salivary glands
   decrease in heart rate and respiratory rate through stimulation of the cardiac and pulmonary plexuses
   neural regulation of respiration through the carotid body, which senses chemistry of the blood
   stimulation of erection of the penis
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 645 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
That looks to me like the pituitary gland

The pituitary gland is a pea-sized structure located at the base of the brain, just below the hypothalamus, to which it is attached via nerve fibers. It is part of the endocrine system and produces critical hormones, which are chemical substances that control various bodily functions.

Its functions are summarized below Downwards Arrow

wrote...
Valued Member
8 years ago
I have to disagree with Bio man. I don't think the picture is showing the pituitary gland. The picture shows an object coming off the medulla, pituitary gland is much more anterior than the object shown. My guess it is a cranial nerve and one of the last 4. So either glossopharyngeal, vagus, accessory, hypoglossal. As far as which one I have no idea. I do no it isn't accessory, that just controls a few muscles so youre down to three options. sorry I can't be of more help.
Orthopedic Physical Therapist 
B.S. Kinesiology and Human Performance
DPT
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
True ... I took a second look at it and it is located at the brainstem so, definitely not the pituitary, my bad Thinking Face
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1497 People Browsing
 116 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274