l
t
S
m
s
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
7 years ago Edited: 7 years ago, oem7110
Referring to following video, people use the front of the brain to see big picture and use the back for details
but for Autism, the wiring between the front and the back is weak, so they use the back of the brain to see picture through details. I would like to know on what kind of activities to improve the wiring between the front and the back of the brain.

On the other hands, for normal people, what is the advantage on using the front of the brain comparing with back of it to see the picture?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Autistic adults find jobs where attention to detail is key

Post Merge: 7 years ago

Read 356 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
7 years ago
Thanks for the question.

Is it true that all autistic individuals share this trait (wiring between the front and the back brain is impaired?) This is news to me. How the brain is wired earlier on in a person's life depends on your personal experiences. I am sure it is also chemically driven, but I wouldn't be able to tell you what chemical will influence or encourage neural connections. The three most predominant factors are nature (genetics), the environment, and personal experience. Genetics play a major role in determining the number of neurons needed for proper function, and the way they are to be organized in the brain, before and after birth. In most children, however, personal experience proves to be the main cofactor responsible for proper brain development and stimulation. Unlike the other two factors mentioned, personal experience is sometimes considered a control mechanism for gene activity; that is, specific experiences regulate particular genes that are expressed. If the child has experienced abuse or neglect early in their life, a genetically normal child can become mentally ill or experience irreversible behavioural problems. I suppose this is why a person with autism will improve if the proper care is provided at school, for example.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  910 People Browsing
 113 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?