l
t
S
m
s
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
7 years ago
I don't want to take Calcium pills everyday, and don't know when is too much and cause kidney stone.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to listen to body and know when I need more Calcium intake?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Read 401 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
7 years ago
If you take Calcium pills, it won't cause kidney stones. My advice is to take them with vitamin D3, it increases absorption rate. Generally, it's hard to pin-point what causes kidney stones, but I think it has to do with uric acid formation.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
7 years ago
If you take Calcium pills, it won't cause kidney stones. My advice is to take them with vitamin D3, it increases absorption rate. Generally, it's hard to pin-point what causes kidney stones, but I think it has to do with uric acid formation.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/what-are-the-functions-of-calcium-in-the-body.html

Referring to following points, I would like to know on what issues we can monitor and verify calcium is low within body.  Based on following issues, the more issues are occurred, can we conclude the higher chance the calcium level is low?

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions :>

Consider some of the key non-bone functions of calcium:

1) It’s essential for blood clotting, can we monitor on how fast the wound is healed?

2) It stabilizes blood pressure. if blood pressure was normal on last week, but it becomes high / low this week, can we use this measure to confirm calcium's levels? for low calcium's' intake, do we usually get high or low blood pressure?

3) It contributes to normal brain function, if someday, my concentration is not in good condition, can I use this issue to verify calcium's levels?

4) It’s critical for communicating essential information among cells. How to verify that? no idea ...

This chemical stimulus of calcium rushing into a cell makes them perform all sorts of critical functions. For example, it:

5) Helps insulin open cells to glucose, if glucose level is high on blood, can we verify the calcium level to be low?

6) Is needed for the release of chemicals that transmit a signal from a nerve cell to a target cell (for example, when a nerve tells a muscle to move), if my concentration is low and I cannot focus on contracting muscle to raise 70kg exercise equipment within gym, can I verify the calcium level to be low?

7) Facilitates the actual process of contraction of the muscle cell, if any muscle contracts unconsciously, can we verify the calcium's level to be low within body?

wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
7 years ago
Hi there,

Have you looked at symptoms of Hypocalcemia (low calcium)?
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
oemBiology Author
wrote...
7 years ago
Thanks, to everyone very much for suggestions :>
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  908 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293