t
S
m
s
SimSportPlyr SimSportPlyr
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
7 years ago
I am a non-biologist (my formal biology education ended with a high school class) who is slowly educating myself in an ad hoc manner by reading various books that seem interesting (such as Beak of the Finch and Botany of Desire) and by attending naturalist (Audubon, Native Plant Society, etc) field trips.

In other words, my biology knowledge is both scant and scattered.

I am looking for a resource that has graphical taxonomy representations (charts).   They charts could be zoological or botanical or general biology.   The format could be wall chart or book.

I hope my request is not too (unintentionally) vague or general.

Preferably, the material would not be too expensive or would be available on the used market.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Thanks.
Read 903 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
7 years ago
Hi, welcome...

It sounds like you're looking for taxonomy books. If so, you could try these Downwards Arrow

http://www.amazon.com/The-Accidental-Taxonomist-Heather-Hedden/dp/1573873977

http://www.amazon.com/Information-Architecture-Beyond-Louis-Rosenfeld/dp/1491911689/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1454390161&sr=1-1&keywords=information+architecture+for+the+web+and+beyond

SimSportPlyr Author
wrote...
7 years ago
Bioman, thanks very much for the reply.

I took a look at the description of those books.

What I am looking for is more on the level of what a high school biology teacher would provide for his/her students: some basic 'Five Kingdoms' charts, if that phrase makes sense.

I apologize for being vague in my initial post.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  908 People Browsing
 104 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204