a
t
i
r
r
havoc-covah havoc-covah
wrote...
13 years ago
I'm having a little trouble trying to answer this question in Activity 8.

4.   The graph shows a dip at muscle length = 90 mm.  Why is this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Read 3268 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
At muscle length = 90 mm, the muscle was being stretched too far for the actin and myosin
in the sarcomere to fully interact, so active force decreased, thus decreasing the total force.
havoc-covah Author
wrote...
13 years ago
Where in the lab book does it talk about myosin & actin?  I want to understand the answer that I am filling in.

Thank you
gee.amanda Author
wrote...
13 years ago
The book only talks about the sarcolemma which is where the actin and myosin are found but other than that you really just have to understand physiology outside from the lab to understand the reasons behind the answers
wrote...
12 years ago
I am definitely not an expert in this Neutral Face, but when I go through the graph and compare all the results, I don't think the instructor is looking for an extremely in depth answer.  Rit had a great answer, but like you said it is not mentioned anywhere in the reading or in the lab.

I ended up going with an answer along the lines of the muscle power adjusting by the way it is used. From using active force(shorter muscle) and transitioning to passive force by the lengthening of muscle. 
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1139 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352