l
t
S
m
s
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
7 years ago Edited: 7 years ago, oem7110
Referring to following statement, I would like to know on whether Red Wine can be used for blood thinning or not.  When I feel stress on my heart (feel only high pressure on blood vessels around heart area), should I drink a glass of red wine for blood thinning?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Grapes, raisins, prunes

Medical professional administer aspirin for blood thinning; one of the components in aspirin is salicylates. But this compound is available in grapes, raisins and prunes too. These fruits are great for thinning blood and not to forget a glass on wine is an excellant option.

http://www.indiatimes.com/health/healthyliving/healthy-food-top-10-blood-thinning-foods-236186-8.html
Post Merge: 7 years ago

Referring to following statement, I would like to know on whether Red Wine can be used for blood thinning or not.  When I feel stress on my heart (feel only high pressure on blood vessels around heart area), should I drink a glass of red wine for blood thinning?

Furthermore, does antioxidants play any role on blood thinning at all?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Grapes, raisins, prunes

Medical professional administer aspirin for blood thinning; one of the components in aspirin is salicylates. But this compound is available in grapes, raisins and prunes too. These fruits are great for thinning blood and not to forget a glass on wine is an excellant option.

http://www.indiatimes.com/health/healthyliving/healthy-food-top-10-blood-thinning-foods-236186-8.html

Berries

Berries have antioxidants that prevent inflammation and fight free radical, which improves the flow of the blood.
Pomegranate is another fruit that is great for the blood.
http://www.indiatimes.com/health/healthyliving/healthy-food-top-10-blood-thinning-foods-236186-9.html
Read 316 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
7 years ago
As far as I'm concerned, alcohol in itself has mild blood thinning properties whose properties don't last more than 24 hours. I don't even know the mechanism in which wine does this, nor could I find any sort of legitimate documentation. On the other hand, we know how Aspirin works, which is an NSAID. For this reason, Aspirin is a more effective blood thinner. I wouldn't take the wine route either, because chronic excess alcohol consumption can lead to dysfunction of the liver. (Many wine drinkers are secret drunks lol) The liver is important for producing the factors that help clot blood, so if wine does thin the blood, it does it by making the blood toxic in a way. Alcohol should never be used for the blood thinning properties. It is certainly not better than Aspirin. Aspirin has been extensively studied for this. Alcohol also has other harmful properties when used in excess.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
7 years ago Edited: 7 years ago, oem7110
Aspirin is a more effective blood thinner. I wouldn't take the wine route either, because chronic excess alcohol consumption can lead to dysfunction of the liver. (Many wine drinkers are secret drunks lol) The liver is important for producing the factors that help clot blood, ...

If liver is producing the factors that help clot blood, and I would like to know on what factor increase the blood concentration and how to reduce this producing process.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions :>

wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
7 years ago
If you reduce those clotting factors in the blood, it could has severe health issues. Clotting factors in the blood are derived from platelets. Platelets are formed from the cytoplasm of megakaryocytes (MKs), their precursor cells, which reside in the bone marrow. MKs are the largest (50–100 µm) and also one of the rarest cells in the bone marrow; MKs account for ∼0.01% of nucleated bone marrow cells.

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  949 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 156

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?