S
m
s
licarush licarush
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
7 years ago Edited: 7 years ago, licarush
Hey folks :-)

So yeah how long does it take to start really liking mathematics, especially the more difficult ones like calculus, nonlinear algebra, etc. Did Einstein find it fun? Why can't I. I think there might be something wrong with me because I just can't get into it and learn to love it, and obsess over it, just like all the great ones... Tesla, Einstein, Feynman, Sagan, etc. How do I find my groove and learn to love it? I'm not doing so well in calculus because its just like, you know, not fun for me for some reason, and that bums me out because I want to be great...  my boring teacher isn't exactly helping either. If I stick with it will I eventually find it fun? Do you know of any books/documentaries/ movies (besides Flatland,LOL, that's easy maths )/and even YouTube videos on complex mathematics that actually makes it fun to learn calculus and nonlinear algebra, all the hard ones ya know ? Anything you know of to increase my interest would be helpful.

Thanks
Post Merge: 7 years ago

Actually belongs in the math forum. Must of put it here accidentally somehow , sorry, but if a moderator can't move it to that forum, well, hopefully someone can help me out here anyway. Its not really homework help, because I do OK with homework generally, but I was hoping to gain some insight into mathematics anyhow. Thanks guys   :-)
Read 559 times
2 Replies